Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when can you e-file 2018 returns in 2020 with proseries?

Mainecat
Level 3

Still unable to efile the 2018 returns as of 3/5/20 - is it just me or is it still not available in proseries?  If so, any idea of what date it might be updated?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I cant count how many times this has been asked and answered, but here it is again.  Why none of the previous posts show up in a search is baffling.

Efiling with 2018 has been open for weeks, BUT you need to use the REFRESH updates in order for teh program to be able to Efile.  REFRESH updates is different than just running a regular update, see picture below.

refresh.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I cant count how many times this has been asked and answered, but here it is again.  Why none of the previous posts show up in a search is baffling.

Efiling with 2018 has been open for weeks, BUT you need to use the REFRESH updates in order for teh program to be able to Efile.  REFRESH updates is different than just running a regular update, see picture below.

refresh.png

linda2
Level 5

What does the refresh function do?  Should we be running refresh all of the time in addition to update?  Does refresh undo any previous updates?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It flushes out any incomplete or corrupted updates and downloads everything fresh is what I understand.

0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

Thanks.  Do you know how it differs from the repair function?  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I asked that and was told they basically accomplish the same thing..not sure why they have them as 2 different options.

linda2
Level 5

Thanks again.