Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What tax forms should be filed, if any, for rental property in Puerto Rico?

Level 3

TP and Spouse, latter is from PR but lives with husband and kids on mainland U.S. so not a bona fide resident of PR. Spouse is homemaker and takes care of 2 kids while husband is sole wage earner with W-2.

Spouse owns rental house in Puerto Rico and files MFJ Form 1040, Sch E.

Does Puerto Rico have a tax return to report just that PR rental property? If so, what's the form? Link?

ProSeries Professional does Not have any Puerto Rico tax forms.

The PR govt website is in Spanish, not English.


Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Reply 1
Level 15

Puerto Rico has its own income tax. You need to be licensed in Puerto Rico to prepare a Puerto Rico tax return.