Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your computer setup on Crashing computers ?

ceciengcpasf
Level 3

Just trying to understand if there is a computer setup that makes it prone to crashing. 

Our setup:

We use a mini PC (corei5, ssd, 8gb ram) as our main pc.  This PC holds all the data files.  This machine checks all returns, prints and efiles.  This is the machine that crashes.

Connected via network is a desktop where I input all data accessing the client file on the main mini pc.  This desktop does not crash. This machine does NOT efile.  I can print into PDF here without crashing.

Both machines have the same Windows and proseries updates.

It seems that the efile system on our setup is the only thing different on the 2 pc's.  Is it the culprit ?  Let us know your setup so maybe we can see if there is a pattern.

It's been a very frustrating season.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's still a mystery to the Intuit engineers so I don't think it is anything you are or aren't doing.

Slava Ukraini!
AnhNgoc
Level 4

Most of my crash related to the file name clr.dll in Framework, Microsoft.NET

---

From window app logs:

Faulting application name: protax20.exe, version: 2020.10.0.22, time stamp: 0x605cd46f
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.4341.0, time stamp: 0x6023024f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00017e00
Faulting process id: 0x2094
Faulting application start time: 0x01d722987c63408d
Faulting application path: C:\ProWin20\32bit\protax20.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 0e2ae8ba-75a3-4df2-8f3c-ce502c7e1cb5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

IRonMaN
Level 15

See if you have a Windows update available to download.  The patch available in Windows did help some folks.

Slava Ukraini!
fredr
Level 4

Windows patch did not solve the problem.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

I am having a problem with a new Laptop we purchased Lenovo "Ideapad S340".  It also has a touchscreen with no mouse attached. Brand new computer.

The computer shuts down without notice or sleeps either when first turning it on or when using the program. Very uneasy to use for tax prep.  I have this issue right after installing the Proseries 2020 Program as the only program on the Laptop.

I have tried to reinstall the computer factory settings several times only to have the same outcome using "Proseries Professional".

I also have the program on other computers with no Issues (HP) machines. My solution is to trash the Lenovo and go back to HP..

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I believe there was a post earlier this year regarding problems with the program and touch screens.  I thought one of PS Employees was involved in the post.  

@IntuitAustin  does this ring a bell ?

IntuitGabi

If you're having troubles on your touch screen devices, try connecting a keyboard and a mouse if you have one available--this might help with data entry. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers