Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the new date for Premium tax credit update for form 8962

Deb11
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

I'm using proseries professional and I would also like to know when the form will be final for client returns who also have self employed health insurance.  The projected update date was April 30th for a long time, now the error message doesn't have a date.  I have 15 clients affected by this and I'm getting tired of telling them to keep waiting.

0 Cheers
taxman313132
Level 2

same here but i only have 3

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I've seen the suggestion in other posts to unlink the Form1095A from Sched C then manually enter the premiums paid on the Sched C same as you would have to if the premiums were paid to any place other than the Health insurance marketplace

0 Cheers
josephfolsomcpa
Level 4

They issued an "update" to "fix" this error last night, but it appears to be broken and I don't trust it.  At this point I'm going to do what dkh suggested and do it manually.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The "fix" works okay if there is $0 of credit. 

But if there is any Premium Tax Credit and the person is self employed, it is totally messed up.  They disabled the Iterative calculation and make you manually go back-and-forth with guessing numbers.