Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Return Authorization?

adobo
Level 2

I purchased a100 return ProSeries Professional, why would it require a Return Authorization before efile conversion?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I didnt realize they had a 100 return Professional package....but try using Tools > License Product and see if that pulls in your purchase information and stops prompting you to PPR

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

If it doesn't go thru the Return Authorization how else will it track your 100 returns?    When I print a PPR return I get an Return Authorization box so it can deduct from funds on my account.

adobo
Level 2

Hi, I paid a lump sum and did not purchase a PPR (the 100 limit was set by Intuit).  It is to track the 100 returns I self-figured that out but wanted to make sure because it was not explained to me by Intuit.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
adobo
Level 2

Hi Lisa, 

This product is available to Intuit employees. It sets the limit to 100 tax returns... for a discounted price.  It was not PPR so I did not think much about Authoring Returns.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@adobo wrote:

.......................... it was not explained to me by Intuit.

This confuses me...... so the 100 Return Package is only for Intuit employees but you don't know how it works.........................and Intuit didn't explain it to you.       

adobo
Level 2

I always use the Professional series and it is unlimited.  So  Authorizing is greek to me.  This year I work for turbo Tax Live and employees are entitled to the discounted ProSeries but limited to 100 clients. I downloaded the program from a link provided to me with no other instructions...

0 Cheers