Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Proseries basing the economic payments on? 2019 or 2020?

AmyK1962
Level 3

Hello! I am getting myself confused LOL...too much coffee?  maybe...

Dependent turned 18 in 2020, but Proseries seems to be calculating an EIP (line 6 and line 9 of the worksheet) to include that child?

Do you have to override the calculation?  OH lordy...

Yes, I understand the payments were made based on the prior returns (2018&2019), but shouldn't Proseries be calculating those lines based on 2020 now?  

Please be nice to this very confused CPA...I am going around in circles and it is only March 😉

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Theres a program glitch that is doing this to teenagers, you need to Delete the dependent (Right click on the dependent line and Delete Line in table) and reenter them.

Not sure why there hasnt been a program alert for this.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Theres a program glitch that is doing this to teenagers, you need to Delete the dependent (Right click on the dependent line and Delete Line in table) and reenter them.

Not sure why there hasnt been a program alert for this.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The good news is, Im seeing in other tax prep groups, IRS seems to be fixing RRC math errors on the fly, and issuing corrected refunds fairly quickly.  Just in case any might have slipped through.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11
@lisa do you ever sleep?
If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
AmyK1962
Level 3

Oh good Lord...so it is incorrect?  How do we alert Intuit? I will try your fix.  Thank you Lisa!  And I am glad you don't sleep!  😉

I am so disappointed in the software this year!  The Endless Final Review Loop that is still not fixed...and the price keeps going up...hmmm...another discussion board, another day...

AmyK1962
Level 3

OMG...at first, when I deleted one dependent and reentered, it fixed one line, but made the other line on the REcovery worksheet triple!  I am getting seriously concerned about the integrity of this software this year!

Thanks again Lisa!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im usually up earlier than this LOL I slept in today!

0 Cheers