Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it mean when it says that write access to the application directory is needed

Kansas
Level 1

When I try to open Pro Series it tells me that the write access to the application directory is needed. What is this because it is also doing it in tax year 2014.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Are your programs installed on your hard drive or some type of removable or virtual drive?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Kansas
Level 1

The actual program is on the administrator hard drive, but I am getting this error on one of my workstations.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ah, ok. I know nothing about network installs, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Kansas
Level 1

O.K., Thank you for trying.

0 Cheers
PRIYA
Level 2

Hi - I am getting the same error. Please let me know if you have found a resolution to this error.

0 Cheers
artoftaxes
Level 2

I've been getting the same message since the first time I shut the program down and opened it again.  Each time I have had to reinstall the program which is exceedingly time consuming. Let me know if anyone comes up with a useful solution.

0 Cheers
artoftaxes
Level 2

I'm getting the same message and my install is on my hard drive.  Any thoughts?

0 Cheers
PRIYA
Level 2

Try to pause antivirus for a few seconds on both server and workstation, and then start Proseries on the workstation. it might work. you need to then update antivirus to ensure Proseries 19 is in the Trusted applications list. Hope this works!

0 Cheers
5 hours
Level 1

I had the same problem. The resolution was to set the ProSeries desktop icon so that the app opens as administrator. It is an advanced setting.