Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

west virginia unemployment

Ronnie_65
Level 2

Is anyone having problems with the WV state return taxing the $10200 unemployment exclusion?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
dkh
Level 15

When did WV pass the law exempting unemployment from state returns?    It takes more than just a few days for ProSeries to make changes to the program.

Ronnie_65
Level 2

I believe it was around April 6.  ProSeries says they are still waiting for WV to give them guidance.

dkh
Level 15

So you have your answer - it's not ready yet.  🙂      So everyone should be having the same problem with it taxing unemployment

jmountie
Level 1

We need to override it to get on with our work. Can't wait around for a fix.

0 Cheers
Ronnie_65
Level 2

Do you think the problem is with the State Tax Department or ProSeries.  I've been on the phone with both of them and each blames the other!

0 Cheers
jmountie
Level 1

I believe both of them are somewhat inept.

0 Cheers
Ronnie_65
Level 2

Amen!  You got that right!

0 Cheers
Cookiedragon
Level 1

SB 693 was passed in the Legislature on April 6. The governor signed it into law on April 13th, I believe. I am also waiting for this to update. I have many returns waiting. 

0 Cheers
Ronnie_65
Level 2

Have you contacted ProSeries?  I did and they say we have to contact the State Tax Department, which I did.  They say it is a ProSeries problem!  I also e-mailed Governor Justice.  

0 Cheers
Ronnie_65
Level 2

The problem with WV Unemployment has just been fixed!!!!!!  Yeah!

0 Cheers