Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcast today

dkh
Level 15

Anybody else attend Webcast  - COVID 19 Tax Stimulus and How to Advise Clients  ?  

What did you think?    I was very disappointed.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I didn't attend it because history has shown that Intuit webinars are a waste of time.

View solution in original post

15 Comments 15
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I didn't attend it because history has shown that Intuit webinars are a waste of time.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Folks still waste their time watching those? 😬

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Now I wish I'd ask yesterday if anybody was GOING to attend.  I might not have wasted 90 minutes of my time.

dkh
Level 15

Yep I did.  Was stressing that I may be missing an important part of the stimulus package for my business clients.   From all I learned today,  I may be missing an important part of the stimulus package.

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

totally disappointed.    The lady has only clients that are super wealthy it appeared. All stuff was basically 'immaterial' to her clientele.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Many people subscribe to Checkpoint Learning for our continuing education.  They have a couple of EXCELLENT webinars (the top two on the link below), and the presenter is always up-to-date with things (and things are changing daily with these new laws).  You would need to pay for it ($309-359 per year for the "Premier" package), but in my opinion, it is worth it with all of the new stuff going on.

https://checkpointlearning.thomsonreuters.com/newsandupdates/COVID-19-CPE

https://checkpointlearning.thomsonreuters.com/CPESolutions/PREW

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im was disappointed.  I guess if youve been living in a bubble and hadnt done any research on your own about any of this, it may be new information, otherwise it was a waste of 90 mins.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

I agree 100%  and her giggling was annoying the **** out of me.    The only items she seemed knowledgeable on and cared about was the loans because she is making money off of them.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

She didnt know anything more than anyone..and even less...she said dependents could file their own return and get the $1200.  SMH

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TAXOH
Level 11

I wasted my time today also.  Everything that was covered was stuff I already knew about.  I thought I might learn something new.

User FIDO 61
Level 8

@dkh What might you be missing may I ask? I can't even remember what day it is, so I'm pretty much missing it all! 😑

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
itonewbie
Level 15

@TAXOH wrote:

I wasted my time today also.  Everything that was covered was stuff I already knew about.  I thought I might learn something new.

For those who do a bit of homework on their own, these webinars from Intuit are probably not worth the time.  For those who rely on what they hear on the news, read from consumer magazines, and this forum, they may get a thing or two from attending - but then what they get from these webinars will still not be enough to answer client questions, let alone render advice and prepare returns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
dkh
Level 15

Right now I'm missing the 5 o'clock cocktail hour.  After this week, need more than an hour.    One bit of information in the Webcast that I found useful - be careful on amount of advising clients. I'm not their HR department nor am I their legal advisor.

George4Tacks
Level 15

The FREE CPE offered here has been pretty good. https://www.cpaacademy.org/webinars/a0D2S00000jX3xJUAS is the latest in this every evolving saga. BUT IRS does have their first Poster out. Be sure to print it out so all your clients can see it when they don't come in. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/e-poster_payments.pdf

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
User FIDO 61
Level 8

@dkh "...be careful on amount of advising clients." Does this mean, well what does this mean exactly? Rereading it I was thinking of Paycheck Protection where (so far) firms aren't supposed to charge the client for assistance with application, but charge the Bank. (To which the Bank responded in no uncertain terms - we won't pay this!)

Sorry, I didn't see your reply earlier I was face down* in a pile of Investment Account Unrealized Gain Statements dated February 19th.

*stone cold sober, of course.

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪