Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are continuing to have issues with Proseries not saving input information after save & exit

mm1
Level 5

My office continues to have issues with lost input data that was saved. My preparers & I are so frustrated because we never know what is missing/dropped. If it was one preparer, I would be suspect but it is all preparers having this problem. My worst nightmare is that the return was prepared, printed and checked, then comes to me to E-file the return. Meanwhile, I have to carefully check every e-filed return to make sure the amounts shown on Form 8979 match what I see on the screen when checking for errors before e-filing it. I also have to check due diligence forms because they disappear sometimes. It is random, you never know what has disappeared from a return if anything. This is causing a very big issue for all of us. I have changed the save time on all computers to 1 minute. I still have the problem, less often but it is still there and I never know when it will strike. Is anyone else facing this problem? I saw one discussion around March 20 on this. I had hoped Proseries had addressed the problem, figured out what was happening since I know we aren't the only ones. This is driving me crazy and caused untold amounts of lost billable time. 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

I'm sorry for your frustrations.

On one of the machines where you're experiencing this issue, could you please send us some logs so we can do some investigating? 

To send to the logs from ProSeries, go to the Help Menu then select Send Logs. The ProSeriesLogs.zip file will be created on your Desktop. From there, attach the zip file to an email and send to proseries_engineering@intuit.com

- Angela

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Never had anything like this, and not much mention of it in the forums that I have seen.

I suspect that isolated problems, are very hard to diagnose and determine the source of the problem.

Sorry for your troubles and good luck.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Network version of Pro Series?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

I'm sorry for your frustrations.

On one of the machines where you're experiencing this issue, could you please send us some logs so we can do some investigating? 

To send to the logs from ProSeries, go to the Help Menu then select Send Logs. The ProSeriesLogs.zip file will be created on your Desktop. From there, attach the zip file to an email and send to proseries_engineering@intuit.com

- Angela

0 Cheers
mm1
Level 5

Yes it is a Network Version, updated overnight then again updated each morning as preparers begin to work. The program is on the workstations, the database on the server. Each person starts Proseries and the minute it is up, checks for updates.

0 Cheers
mm1
Level 5

Thank you and I will definitely do that as soon as the workstation is freed. 

0 Cheers
mm1
Level 5

Zip file just sent as you specified. 4-7-21 12:24pm CDT

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

Thank you, I see that we have received the files.

- Angela

0 Cheers