Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wages, salaries and tips worksheet line 9b

Kappaalex1
Level 2

What is an example of what should be reported on the Wages, Salaries and Tips Worksheet line 9b?

Please advise.

Thank you!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
dkh
Level 15

If you click on the yellow ?  at the top of your screen, the Proseries Help Center has some information for what should be on that line.   Are you a tax professional or a DIYer? 

Kappaalex1
Level 2

Tax Professional.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Does your client have some unusual income that your looking for a place to park it?  

Kappaalex1
Level 2

For instance I have some client that do manual labor and receive cash compensation. Can I report it on line 9b of do I report that earning on the Schedule C?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I can't tell you where it should be reported because I don't know all the details of how or why your client received cash compensation.   If they are self-employed it should be reported on Schedule C.  Other than that you will need to read IRS instructions to determine where to report.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If theyre being paid to provide a service, IRS would consider that being self employed and a Sch C would be used to report the income and any expenses incurred in the course of earning the income.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

@Kappaalex1  - folks ask questions of varying complexities on this forum.  The question that you have asked is one that should not be asked by someone that charges a fee for tax preparation.  For the sake of your clients and your own professional reputation, please search out some tax educational materials before continuing to work with these types of clients.  Clients go to professional tax preparers because they aren’t competent to prepare their own return.  It is only fair to our clients that we are indeed competent to handle the services that we are being compensated for.

Slava Ukraini!
Kappaalex1
Level 2

Thank you!

0 Cheers
Kappaalex1
Level 2

Thank you for specifying the purpose of the forum.

0 Cheers