Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading 2019, ProSeries PDF backup, my system crashed; prior years ProSeries lost

pagethemann2
Level 2

My laptop crashed; however, I had backup all returns through PDF created by ProSeries. I had to redownload ProSeries prior years and current, but how to do roll the ProSeries PDF's from 2019, external source, into 2020 ProSeries?.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Camp1040
Level 10

You will need your data file back up and not your PDF backup if you are asking how to restore your client info from 2019. I'm not positive what your question is.

pagethemann2
Level 2

My laptop crashed; however, i had the 2019 PDF backed-up on a external drive. But, from the other responses, it's not possible to back ProSeries PDFs into the software. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You already asked in another post.  You cant use a PDF to transfer into the ProSeries tax file.

You didnt back up the 19Data folder to the external harddrive as well?  Only the PDFs?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Camp1040
Level 10

Correct, you can not restore your homebase or client files with a PDF. Set your external hard drive to back up your prowin XX or basewinXX files.

0 Cheers