Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Installed Products and Add a State

DianaS
Level 3

Today I am unable to update installed products or add a state.  I've tried the refresh updates, updating from the start menu, repair from the start menu, closed the program, rebooted the computer....nothing.  

Once I select "Update installed products", the program asks for permission to make changes, I respond "Yes", then nothing.  At that point, the selection bar across the top (File, View, Edit, etc) grays out.  If I click on one of the items, it is black again.

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

The only thing left to try before calling support, is to uninstall the program and reinstall. Be sure to make a backup

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

The only thing left to try before calling support, is to uninstall the program and reinstall. Be sure to make a backup

0 Cheers
DianaS
Level 3

Thanks!  After I installed/uninstalled twice, it was still still not working.  I used both the Windows 10 uninstall feature and the Proseries uninstall.  Finally I went into my C drive and deleted the ProWin19 directory (after backing up 19Data folder.)  The uninstall was leaving folders inside the ProWin folder that was preventing the software from working correctly.  After downloading program from Proseries a third time, it worked.  Thank you.  I was not about to call support unless I absolutely had to do so.

0 Cheers