Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusually high call volume

PATAX
Level 15

How come it seems like every time we call a federal , state , or local taxing entity, we get a recording similar to this: "Due to unusually high call volume, your expected wait time is longer than usual." Should not the recording be: " Due to usually high call volume , due to understaffing, your expected wait time is long as usual".. Thank God for 1-800 numbers and unlimited phone call plans... if we were billed based on minute usage, we would have to get a loan to pay the phone bills....

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

The State of Ohio, Dept. of Taxation website is closed at least twice a week this year. I think everyone is just exhausted and have no end in sight. I know I am. I'm also grateful for 800 numbers and unlimited plans. 🙂

I have reached some IRS reps on the Priority line but I swear they were reading from a script and provided no information. Heard a dog barking a few times.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

The State of Ohio, Dept. of Taxation website is closed at least twice a week this year. I think everyone is just exhausted and have no end in sight. I know I am. I'm also grateful for 800 numbers and unlimited plans. 🙂

I have reached some IRS reps on the Priority line but I swear they were reading from a script and provided no information. Heard a dog barking a few times.

PATAX
Level 15

@The-Tax-Lady maybe it was my dog

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

You been masquerading as an IRS rep on the Priority Line? Glutton for punishment? 🙂

PATAX
Level 15

@The-Tax-Lady I told you guys in that post about a month or so ago that the IRS was hiring...

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Is this your way of telling us you joined up? Maybe it was your dog. 😂

PATAX
Level 15

@The-Tax-Lady 👍🐕

0 Cheers