Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unemployment exclusion update

Jamierac
Level 4

I realize the late change to unemployment and the premium credit elimination is a task for Proseries and all the software companies. My critique comes from the poor communication of Proseries on these issues. We get an alert that as of March 18 2021 in the afternoon we will get an update resolving this issue. Nothing came through except another alert saying that perhaps Proseries crashed during the latest update and to run the repair tool then go back and do a refresh update. No unemployment or premium credit update occured here. THEY SHOULD SAY THAT THE UPDATE WAS POSTPONED IN ANOTHER ALERT!!! HOW HARD IS THIS!!  Also the issues of the various states complying or not complying should also be put forth.. I know New York State has not come out as of this email on what they are doing yet on these issues as well as complying with the 5/17 deadline.  That part is not on Proseries or Intuit but if anyone actually reads this I would implore you to take this into consideration. When calling support most of your reps have no idea to any of these answers. One hand MUST know what the other is doing.  The corporate loophole communicating this is what I see as as possible issue.  Thanks for listening

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
ctrentocpa
Level 1

NYS back in April, through the legislature, passed a bill saying that they will not follow any current or future cares acts tax adjustments. In order to change that the legislature would need to vote on it. I'm not sure with all that's going on with state that'll happen. What I've read is they are thinking of including in budget for this April, which I'm assuming will effect 2021. But who knows at this point.....

jaftax
Level 3

You have to finish the federal return before you can finish the state returns,So what good is it to have an extension on the federal to May 17, if you do not have an extension for New York State or any other state.  It has been eight days since that act was passed, and New York State is still leaving everyone up in the air as to the extension time for filing  or accepting  the $10,200 unemployment exclusion.  I can get nowhere with New York State. If someone gets information would you please post. Thank you

luithe3rd
Level 2

WELLS STATED.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR AWESOME INPUT.  I DONT UNDERSTAND THE HOSTILITY OF SOME PEOPLE ON HERE?  WE ARE ALL SUPPOSE TO BE HEAR TO HELP, SUPPORT AND BE A TEAM PLAYER.  WE ARE ALL ON DIFFERENT LEVELS OF THE TAX SPECTRUM.  

SO AGAIN,  THANK YOU FOR BEING AN AWESOME TEAM PLAYER!

0 Cheers