Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unemployment exclusion on 1040NR

AlexEpix
Level 2

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/forms-publications/new-exclusion-of-up-to-10200-of-unemploym...

"On the dotted line next to Schedule 1, line 8, enter “UCE” and show the amount of unemployment compensation exclusion in parentheses on the dotted line. Complete the rest of Schedule 1 and Form 1040, 1040-SR, or 1040-NR."

IRS instruction above indicate worksheet should be applied to 1040NR as well.  However, it's not showing on my Proseries Pro.

Any ideas why?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

It's not unusual for aliens to receive UC.  H/L-visa holders, however, are generally no eligible.

From a tax perspective, agree the exclusion should apply since UC is US-ECI pursuant to §§861 and 864 and is subject to tax under §1 and § 55 in accordance to §871(b).  The ARP also does not preclude the availability of exclusion to individuals who file as NRA.

Not sure about PS but Lacerte/ProConnect Tax is doing it right and computes the exclusion on 1040NR.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
AlexEpix
Level 2

Is there a way to contact Proseries' engineering/product support via this community?

I called in today.  Machine told me wait is 2 hours.  I chose the call back option and got a call 4 hours later.

The agent I spoke to had no clue and told me to try this community for answers ?!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@Orlando Are you able to help?  If the OP's observation is correct, that would appear to be a glitch.  Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I've forwarded to @SDJayhawk, who can route it to the right development team

0 Cheers
SDJayhawk
Employee
Employee

This update is scheduled in this week's release.  

0 Cheers