Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unemployment Compensation for 2020 not taxable to $10,200 according to the Stimulus Bill

archa5
Level 2

How the ProSeries will handle the new provision? The States have issued the 1099 forms and as a matter 
of fact I have already file one of my customers and have included the unemployment in taxable income.
How the IRS and the providers are going to do it, technically how to do it?
Just to ignore the 1099 or what ?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
BobKamman
Level 15

Scroll down and find about 50 other people asking the same question in the last few days.  You might find an answer you like. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/

bhwcpa
Level 2

IRS has given guidance that you put on Other Income line as a negative number up to $10,200 of a single persons and up to $10,200 of a spouse (but no more than each received).  Modified AGI has to be less than $150,000 to allow the deduction.

You are to use the code "UCE" for the description.  I'll try to attach guidance here.Guidance 1.jpgGuidance 2.jpg

0 Cheers
bhwcpa
Level 2

Guidance 1.jpg

Guidance 2.jpg

Still waiting for guidance on amending those we've filed already.   IRS is saying to wait for guidance.  Maybe they'll flip it internally (not usual for them to do that but there's hope).

0 Cheers