Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unemployment add-back to state income for states not conforming to the federal 10,200 relief.

Bill50
Level 3

I do WI returns-one of the states that is still fully taxing unemployment.  The  program appears to have been updated to add back the federal exemption into the state taxable income.  It also appears that if the amount of the exemption was less than 10,200, the correct addition was made.  However, on returns where the max of 10,200 was exempted on the federal return, the 10,200 was added back into the state income twice (20,400).  Has anyone else noticed this and do you know if ProSeries is in the process of changing it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
did you do it once manually, then the program did it again after the update? I had a few of those with CA that I had adjusted manually to see what the result would be, had to be sure I undid my entry once the program updated and did it automatically.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
did you do it once manually, then the program did it again after the update? I had a few of those with CA that I had adjusted manually to see what the result would be, had to be sure I undid my entry once the program updated and did it automatically.

cjkulda
Level 1

do we know when they will be updating the Unemployment form for CA?

0 Cheers
Marsha2020
Level 4

I'm having issues with the Virginia returns.  It's adding the $10,200 then subtracting the taxable.  Unemployment in VA isn't taxable.  And this is also causing the $12K age exclusion to be computed incorrectly.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
CA has been updated for weeks now.

0 Cheers