Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transmit 2019 return

bh99
Level 1

I tried e-filing 2019 tax return,  unable to transmit, get message: "Electronic Filing for 2019 Federal Personal is not yet available"  

I understand Intuit will be performing maintenance beginning on October 19, however, is not affecting e-filing.  Please advise.

Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
richlamm
Level 1

Can't efile return.  Getting following message:  "Filing for 2019 Federal Persoanl is not yet available.  For the most current information.....  the return failed the tax submission return validation step".  Please make the necessary corrections.

There are no corrections to be made.  What is going on?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Bookmark this link:

https://www.marketingexpress.irs.gov/systems-status/system-status-mef/modernized-efile-mef-operation...

Because...

"Production system Extended Maintenance Window

The MeF Production system will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance from 7:00 a.m. Eastern time, October 17, 2020 through 7:00 a.m. Eastern time, October 18, 2020.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
hirammm21
Level 1

I have the same issue and error, unable to transmit have you tried chatting or texting support 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Chatting to Intuit or the IRS won't change the fact that a maintenance session is taking place.

BEA1
Level 2

Thank you so much I have been going crazy trying to figure out what went wrong. Once again thank you, I guess I won't be working tomorrow.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I guess I won't be working tomorrow."

Uh, okay. But it opens at 7am tomorrow.

0 Cheers
MukePJ
Level 2

Same here.  I will try later today Oct 18, 2020

0 Cheers
Evie100
Level 1

Still can't e-file. Same error messages. will keep trying.

0 Cheers
VPBC1
Level 3

Still unable to transmit 2019 returns as of 1130EDST. receiving BS message.   Cannot also get acknowledgements on 2019 return filed earlier.  When can we expect to resume, the IRS isn't lenient about dates.

0 Cheers
kern
Level 3

Same issue here - tried at 10am PST (1pm EST) and still nothing.

Are our only options trying to get wet signatures for a paper file?  Not the easiest to do in California currently.

0 Cheers
Jonathan57
Level 1

Same issue here Houston Texas 1:50 PM local time.  I am clearing e-file errors for tax returns rejected on October 15 and I need to resend them when they are fixed.. Quite disruptive to not be able to send them when they have been corrected and are ready to resend.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"receiving BS message"

It's impossible to tell if you are getting a reject from Intuit, or the IRS maintenance session didn't go as planned, or you might be filing a State where e-filing closed Oct 15.

On this forum and the web, you can find resources for each of these conditions.

For instance: "the IRS isn't lenient about dates."

Here's the Help article on this.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/electronic-filing-deadlines-and-perfection-p...

0 Cheers