Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to start proseries 2016 access files in use

tomdcpa
Level 2

unable to start proseries 2016 access files in use

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Your post didn't quite make sense...you can't open 2016? what does access files in use mean?  Is that the message you get?  Have you restarted the computer since the issue began?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
tomdcpa
Level 2

I reinstalled ProSeries 2016 on a new server.

It runs fine from the administrator.

On the two workstations where I have uninstalled 2016 and reinstalled from the new server when I try to run the program I get the message ”Unable to start ProSeries – 2016.   Access Rights files currently in use, please try again later.”

I have restarted the workstations, the admin machine and the new server.

I have tried to uninstall the workstations but get the message that the program is in use and cannot be uninstalled.

I have again restarted all the machines.

The workstations continue to report that the Access Rights files are in use and that the program is running.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im sorry, I dont know anything about the network version.  You may want to Edit your title to include that its a network setup so that someone familiar with that might be able to help.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪