Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to move client database to new computer.

Diane38501
Level 1

Hello,

I have a new computer with Win10 and old computer with Win7. I have TurboTax 2018 on both. The program is updated on both. I saved my client database from the old computer using "Transfer Clients" and copied them to a thumb drive. I moved the drive to the new computer and followed prompt to move client database. The program will not recognize any of the files opened drive in E. I can view the database of clients. If I go directly and open the drive on the computer and click on a client it will open in TurboTax and that client will remain in the file on the new computer. I am unable to transfer the database in a batch of files. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Diane38501 wrote:

Hello,

I have a new computer with Win10 and old computer with Win7. I have TurboTax 2018 on both. The program is updated on both. I saved my client database from the old computer using "Transfer Clients" and copied them to a thumb drive. I moved the drive to the new computer and followed prompt to move client database. The program will not recognize any of the files opened drive in E. I can view the database of clients. If I go directly and open the drive on the computer and click on a client it will open in TurboTax and that client will remain in the file on the new computer. I am unable to transfer the database in a batch of files. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You say TurboTax, do you mean ProSeries?  Or are you trying to transfer TT files into ProSeries?  Since Turbotax isnt licensed for professional use, Im very confused why you would have client files in Turbotax.

Please clarify your question.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15
If you really are dealing with ProSeries, why don’t you try the backup/copy feature in homebase and then restoring them on the new computer.

Slava Ukraini!