Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TY2019 efile stuck in "sent to IRS"

TaxNette
Level 3

I e-filed a TY2019 return ten days ago. It still shows as sent to IRS, but has not been accepted/rejected. How long do I wait for acknowledgement before suspecting an issue?  I have manually updated the acknowledgments and checked for acknowledgment status online per support instructions posted elsewhere.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxNette
Level 3

Issue almost resolved.  There is a program error with Form 1310 which is required for this particular return.  The issue should be resolved with a future update.  Or, I can file everything by mail instead of trying to e-file.

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
IRonMaN
Level 15

After ten days, I think I would attempt to sneak in a phone call to support.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxNette
Level 3

That was my initial thought, but I wasn't sure if all the recent "weather events" were impeding acknowledgements.  🤔  Thought I'd check here before sitting on hold. 

0 Cheers
TaxNette
Level 3

Issue almost resolved.  There is a program error with Form 1310 which is required for this particular return.  The issue should be resolved with a future update.  Or, I can file everything by mail instead of trying to e-file.

Seven Costanza
Level 1

The Form 1310 was finalized in the most recent updates. I would install the updates for today and see if any progress is made

0 Cheers
TaxNette
Level 3

I tried that earlier today.  It failed with the same error.  However, I had not fully reboot the computer after updating the software, so I just now reboot the computer in hopes that might help and am resubmitting the return.

0 Cheers
TaxNette
Level 3

Bummer.  Same issue. ☹️

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I filed a return last night and had it accepted with the 1310 in it.  Are you sure that you just don't have something screwed up on the form itself?

Slava Ukraini!
TaxNette
Level 3

When it rejected this morning (after first update before try update again and reboot), the first thing I checked for was errors on the form.  It's all good. 

Today the error print out is:

Error Detail: The XML data has failed schema validation.  Error Resolution: There is a known issue in the program with Form 1310... Wait to efile... File this return by mail...

The client is patient and would really prefer not to send paper to the IRS, so I guess I'll wait for next Thursday's update. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Try clicking on the start button on your computer.  Scroll to ProSeries and click on "repair updates".  See if that does anything for you.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxNette
Level 3

Oh, man!  You gave me so much hope!  I forgot I could do that.  I repair programs all the time, but forgot about that...

So, I closed everything Intuit (QB, ProSeries all versions), performed the repair, refiled the return.  Sigh.  Same error.

BUT, I really appreciate the reminder on how to repair updates!  Especially on the previous versions. (Intuit user since 199?)

If I catch a coyote instead of a roadrunner, do I still get this weeks special?

IRonMaN
Level 15

As long as the coyote isn't a member of my family. 😰

Slava Ukraini!
TaxNette
Level 3

Software update on April 30, 2021 finally resolved the issue and the 2019 return was submitted and accepted by the IRS. 😊

sjrcpa
Level 15

Thanks for reporting back.

Ex-AllStar