Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twins

Hello there ProConnect Community, 

Anyone have any suggestions as to why a client's successfully e-filed return has still not been processed?  And, or course, this one is for my own grown daughter.  She did have a set of twins in December. Could the extra kiddos be holding things up? The submission went through March 13, 2020, and she hasn't heard anything from the IRS and the website just tells her that the application is still being processed. ??? Any advice I could pass on would surely be appreciated. 

Thank you, and hope everyone is having a great Friday, 

Dawn 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Some other folks have also mentioned returns in limbo for awhile.  You probably add a little IRS interest by having two kids with the same birthdate.  All you can do is be patient.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

14 Comments 14
IRonMaN
Level 15

Some other folks have also mentioned returns in limbo for awhile.  You probably add a little IRS interest by having two kids with the same birthdate.  All you can do is be patient.

Slava Ukraini!

Thank you!!  I wish they would let folks know what the hold up is, sheesh. But, I will encourage a little more patience. 

Definitely, if you can't stay home, keep your distance. I don't think Covid-19 has exactly run it's course yet. 

Have a great weekend, 

Dawn 

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN 

I just noticed your new signature line.  Personally, I try to be extra safe by staying at least 72 inches away from everybody.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Those are big numbers ------------------- you have to be safe going with those.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Two kids with one birthdate might cause a delay -- any child born in December might also cause a delay because sometimes the SSN file of new numbers doesn't get to IRS as fast as it would if modern technology were available.  

dkh
Level 15

I have two clients with refunds also "being processed".   The returns were submitted week of March 23rd.  I've wondered if possible these were selected for a human review (I don't know if that is even part of the IRS process, just guessing) and since the staff is not there to do the reviews they must wait...and wait....and wait.

ah yes, if only that modern technology were available! Thank you for your perspective. 

Have an amazing day, 

Dawn 

0 Cheers

Good morning, 

Thank you for responding to my question last week. Perhaps, these returns are going through a human review, but why in the world the IRS can't simply send a letter is beyond me. Back to the waiting game......... 

Have a great Monday, 

Dawn 

p.s. snowing this morning in Northern Michigan. 😉 

IRonMaN
Level 15

The IRS only has like 12 people working right now so everything is moving at a crawl.

Congratulations on the snow.  I think it was too cold to snow in Minnesota ☃️

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I too wish a letter would be sent.  I have one client who's return is "being processed" since March 23rd that is just sure I've done something to cause the delay.  Doesn't understand the IRS shutdown due to covid-19.  Doesn't really believe in covid-19.   

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Doesn't really believe in covid-19"

I believe shortly after being hooked up to a ventilator, those folks start to become believers.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

County I live in has only tested 218 of which 38 are positive.  County to west has tested 3900+.             I've had clients tell me... " I had the virus in December".   Pretty trick.    I have clients make fun of my mask when I unfortunately have to visit their office for QB backups.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I would quit with the mask when meeting with those clients ----------- switch over to full hazmat gear.  Some people are really stupid and we all know you can't fix stupid.

Slava Ukraini!