Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmitting

I can not get a relative simple return to transmit

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What happens when you try?  Do you get a message?

Does the file Convert for Efiling but wont transmit, or does it fail conversion too?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Barky
Level 2

I'm having the same issue. I went from ProSeries18 to Basic19 as I am semi-retired now. Also had to change address and obtain a new EFIN # which I validated with Intuit. The error message for Federal reads, " Not transmitted, the selected return(s) was not successfully converted for Electronic Filing.  Open the return(s), correct any errors in Final Review, save the return(s) and re-convert for EF."  The error of state reads, " Not transmitted, ProSeries has detected a system change which invalidates the converted file contents.  Please re-convert."  I have tried 3 times and talked to Tech Support which was no help either. AAAArrrrrgggh!!!!!

0 Cheers
Barky
Level 2

Hi, its Barky again...  I think I found a fix for my problem at least.  Try this... From the E-file client list screen highlight the return (Fed&State) that you want to send.  Run the "Converting" step separate and should come back with "Ready to Transmit" status.  Highlight the return again and runt the "Transmit" step separate.  Mine came back SUCCESSFUL!  Hope it works.

0 Cheers
smithrd1996
Level 2

I can not get the tax to convert and transmit.  I have tried doing it separately and it does not work.  This is frustrating because I am not even getting an error message.  

@Barky, thank you for your recommendation. I have tried it.  

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried checking to see if e-filing is open?  Individual e-filing is closed until 2/12.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Efiling iisnt open for individual returns yet, IRS doesn't open until Feb 12th.  So if this is for a 1040, youve got a few weeks before you can send it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
smithrd1996
Level 2

Thank you. I checked and found that the e-file was opening on 1/16/21. But, yes, I will check again.  Thank you.

smithrd1996
Level 2

Thank you!!!!  I will wait... Hopefully, this is the problem.  

Barky
Level 2

This is Barky, my thread was from January 2020. Efiling has not opened for 2021 yet. Intuit will let you know when it updates.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"I checked and found that the e-file was opening on 1/16/21"

Perhaps you found a different filing provider that has this info. That is not from the IRS and that is not what Intuit has announced in your software program notification.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.