Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmitting 2018 federal returns

ramras_8
Level 3

I tried to efile a 2018 tax return. The federal  was converted successfully but did not transmit. The state return converted and transmitted successfully. I have refreshed  updates for the  installed products. How can I resolve this? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

"How can I resolve this?" 

Wait until e-filing opens up on 2/12 or send it early for Intuit to hold on 1/28.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

How can I resolve this? 

1) By staying informed by reading the in-product announcements informing us of the MeF closings/openings

2) By signing up for the IRS Alerts so you, the professional tax preparer, know these important dates.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dkh
Level 15

🥃   thank goodness I was getting thirsty

IRonMaN
Level 15

You can't possibly be thirsty based on the number of these posts -------------------- or is that just the liquor talking? 😇

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Been out of the office for a while. Just starting to catch up on my reading and got lucky with the first post!

abctax55
Level 15

Your liver may not survive this onslaught... pace yourself.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
ramras_8
Level 3

Even if I am filing a 2018 return? I thought the 02/12 date only applies to 2020 returns.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Nope.  When the IRS locks they doors, they use a big lock.

Slava Ukraini!