Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSMISSION OF RETURN

Level 2

Why when I try to transmit return do I have a box coming up telling me to enter Electronic Filling Password.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

18 Comments 18
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you set up an EF password here?

efpw.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Level 2

no

0 Cheers
BRC TAX
Level 2

I have the exact same problem. Why is that all of a sudden?

Every year, we always have to deal with some new and unexpected findings. Someone must have known that. It is very frustrating.

Jyote
Level 2

my software does NOT HAVE this option for passwords

Any suggestions????

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

My first year with ProSeries, I had the same issue. I did not set up any passwords and eventually I reached technical support and after many attempts, including directly accessing my computer remotely, the problem was fixed. Since you are both new, it could be part the initial set-up of your software. They had to use a master password from Intuit and some routine involving ALT, F12,C. This was 6 years ago so don't try this yourself, get on the hold list for technical support and keep at it till you get results.

It took me hours, so don't get too discouraged on the first day.

rvpino
Level 1

I have been using proseries for 13 years and this is the first time I see this issue. How can be solve it?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  is looking into it, there are several other threads asking about the same situation.

0 Cheers
richardnhim
Level 1

i don't know

0 Cheers
richardnhim
Level 1

i did not see where it said password

0 Cheers
richardnhim
Level 1

where on my program?

0 Cheers
richardnhim
Level 1

i could find it

0 Cheers
richardnhim
Level 1

my sofware doens not have this option

0 Cheers
MiCasa
Level 1

Same thing here, I don't have the word "password" on my options.  I have been in the phone for more than one hour waiting to someone to answer my call, Very disappointed!

0 Cheers
SCB60
Level 2

Have used for 20 years, never had a problem. I don't have the passwords option in Options. Cant efile anything.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@SCB60 wrote:

Have used for 20 years, never had a problem. I don't have the passwords option in Options. Cant efile anything.

If you go to Tools/Options/passwords....at bottom there is a checkbox "proseries should always prompt.....". Is that box checked by chance?

ProTaxMIA
Level 1

Same here. I have been on hold for an hour. No password options under the tools tab. Any updates?

0 Cheers
celsot
Level 2

You need to have disable Access Rights feature. Once is disable the passwords will show in options.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There is a workaround for this.  You need to Disable User Rights   Tools > Users & Access  Rights >Disable   

Its not a fix, its just a workaround util they fix it.