Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred a client into 2020 today, I noticed that the 1099R worksheets didnt transfer over

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Has anyone else reported seeing this? 

I generally dont transfer clients until mid January, this one was just to do a quick plan to see how much IRA could be converted to a ROTH...he only had one 1099R in 2019 and it wasn't marked as final so I had expected it to show up in 2020, but it was a no-show.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't transfer until January so I didn't notice.  But we can always asked the hardest working person at Inuit if anyone has reported it - @Orlando 

Slava Ukraini!
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Hmm. I have not heard this one reported. Would it be possible to email a sanitized version of the TY19 file, to proseries_engineering@intuit.com?  If I can reproduce the problem, it's much easier to get it fixed.. and it'd probably take me half a day to figure out how to create a return that duplicates the issue.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@Just-Lisa-Now- I transferred one client for same reason, no issue, and all worksheets showed up ok. After I finished I deleted his file, and will retransfer in January  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im already home, I dont plan on going back to the office until next week...its not that big of a deal right now, I plan to delete the file and transfer back in later in 2021 when they come for their appt anyhow ...if its still an issue at that time, I'll check back in with you.

I just wondered if anyone else had seen it mentioned or not.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I transferred a few over on my home system just to goof around with, I didn't notice anything missing...we'll see what happens later.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ok, this was a PEBKAC error

I just figured out why that 1099R didnt transfer.....it wasnt marked final, but it was converted to a ROTH...if I uncheck the ROTH conversion box then it transfers the 1099R over to the next year.

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Great, thank you for confirming!