Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of TurboTax File to Proseries

jnd2546
Level 4

Does anyone know if there is a video or training posting that explains how to get a 2019 TurboTax "Desktop" file ( not online)  to then transfer into Proseries for 2020 filing?

And how can I get the file from a remote client?  Can it be emailed?  Or other means?

Does it have to first get into "2019" Proseries, then transferred to 2020 Proseries?

Thanks for any insights!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nobles
Employee
Employee

There is a help article about transferring files from TurboTax to ProSeries: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/convert-data-files/help/how-to-transfer-turbotax-returns-to-...

I'm not certain about how to get the file from a remote client. If you can find the particular file, I would think you should be able to email it to yourself or if you're doing Remote Desktop Connect, you might be able to do a Copy-Paste from the remote computer to your own desktop.

As for steps once you've obtained the file, you are correct. You'll have to transfer the 2019 TurboTax file into 2019 ProSeries first. Then you can transfer the 2019 ProSeries file to 2020 ProSeries.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Nobles
Employee
Employee

There is a help article about transferring files from TurboTax to ProSeries: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/convert-data-files/help/how-to-transfer-turbotax-returns-to-...

I'm not certain about how to get the file from a remote client. If you can find the particular file, I would think you should be able to email it to yourself or if you're doing Remote Desktop Connect, you might be able to do a Copy-Paste from the remote computer to your own desktop.

As for steps once you've obtained the file, you are correct. You'll have to transfer the 2019 TurboTax file into 2019 ProSeries first. Then you can transfer the 2019 ProSeries file to 2020 ProSeries.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

2019 TT to 2019PS  then 2019PS to 2020PS

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jnd2546
Level 4

Thank you so much!  Will try and get the file emailed and accessible by Proser2019 and see what happens from there.

Will print the guidance article.

0 Cheers