Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Clients to 2020 Proseries

grossie
Level 5

Prior to transferring client files from the prior tax year, I always check with a few of the

All Stars.  Is it OK, or should I wait for another software update?

Thank you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Personally, I always wait until January to do that.  Too often there have been bugs that have come back to haunt people during tax season because of transferring too early.  

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

Personally, I always wait until January to do that.  Too often there have been bugs that have come back to haunt people during tax season because of transferring too early.  

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Ditto.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
grossie
Level 5

Thank you.

grossie
Level 5

Thank you!

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

As neither of you @IRonMaN , @Accountant-Man are AllStars any longer, I'm not sure you are still qualified to answer this question.   🤣

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm an ex-AllStar ------ the "ex" is silent 😀

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

".. the "ex" is silent "

As all good (?) ex's should be.....

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dkh
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

As neither of you @IRonMaN , @Accountant-Man are AllStars any longer, I'm not sure you are still qualified to answer this question.   🤣

Ohhh......🔥🔥

dkh
Level 15

I'm not an All Star or even an ex-All Star.....I'm more like a Falling Star but I like to give me 2cents worth. 😁

I transfer clients now so I can print depreciation schedules to send with organizers.  Then when I'm ready to prepare their returns after January 2021, I will delete the file and transfer again so the file is transferred with the current version of the program. 

Accountant-Man
Level 12

You can print "Next Year's Depreciation" when you prepare the 2019 returns.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.