Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer customized home base views

DavidBR
Level 1

Is there a simple way to transfer customized home base views from ProSeries 2019 to 2020?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15

Look at @Orlando 's answer at the bottom of this thread.  He's created a youtube video regarding customizing HomeBase views.   Where are the column headings in the Homebase view... - Intuit Accountants Community

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Just note, that video showcases stuff that will be in our Dec 16th release.

It will still require a bit of back and forth - you'll only be able to do one view at a time (Export TY19 View, then Import into TY20, repeat).  After you do it on one machine though, you can Export/Import from TY20->TY20 (so if you need to setup multiple machines it'll be easier).

Next year we're planning on transferring all your views automatically when you install Tax Year 2021. 

Accountant-Man
Level 12

There is no way to transfer 2019 Home Base views to 2020.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

It's coming to the Professional version in our release next week on the 16th. See my earlier post for details.

0 Cheers
linduca1216
Level 7

When I try to retrieve the file I can only search for files that are xml files.  I must be looking in the wrong place.  I am in ProWin19, common, exports 

Where would the exported file that I am trying to import from 2019 be located?

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Sorry for the confusion. The good news is that for next year we will aim to automatically transfer views year over year.

As a bandaid, we added two ways to import this year:

• From Tax Year 19 to Tax Year 20 via .CSV files.  Use the Add/Edit Custom Views dialog to do that (click the little grey gear in the first column header)
  • From Tax Year 20 to Tax Year 20 via .xml files (for moving views between machines).  Use the HomeBase -> Import Custom Views menu option

It sounds like you're trying to do the first - so make sure you're in the Add/Edit Custom Views dialog. It will automatically open to where it's expecting the CSV file (ProWin19/common/exports)

linduca1216
Level 7

Thank you!   Once I got to add/edit, it was easy enough. 

0 Cheers