Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer 2019 Basic to 2020 Pro Series

Pizagno
Level 2

Switched form Pro Series Basic in 2019 to Pro Series Prof. for 2020. Transfered all 333 files but - one file - my own tax return will not transfer. Says " unknown errror ( 146 ) "

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry you ran ran into this Transfer (146) issue. It will be fixed ASAP.  In the meantime, there's a workaround you might want to use if you have one or two of these.

1. Create a New Client

2. Choose File-> Transfer Clients and select "Complete Transfer". Browse for the file you'd like to transfer. 

If you have a lot you would probably want to wait a week or so until a fix goes out. Again, I'm sorry you ran into this issue and appreciate your patience.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Orlando   You may want to talk to a Moderator, so you can get the "Employee" stamp on your forum account.

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Thank you, I will. I just didn't want to wait until Monday and leave these unanswered. 

Randy CPA
Level 1

Sunday,NOv 15, 2020  I downloaded new proseries 2020 and I have never had issues transferring last years returns to the new year. This year I have numerous  "an unknown error occured while attempting to transfer (146)

Please help

JKlive
Level 2

Same here.  Some came over and some didn't.  Tried updating the software as well. Same thing.  Not trying to rush the season, just trying to get some little things done in advance.😉

TheBogs
Level 2

I was on with tech support this AM (Monday 16th). She suggested I check to make sure my Windows 10 was updated. This took some time and she advised me how to complete the process once 10 was updated and moved on. I did what she advised and still came up this this same error (146). Perhaps giving Intuit some time, since it is early will help.....

0 Cheers
dude7707
Level 5

So I am creating a new client in 2019..........and how is this going to resolve the issue of transferring client A from 2019 to 2020?  Tried renaming the 2019 client and still the same result.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Sorry for not being clear:

1. Create a New Client in TY20

2. Choose File-> Transfer Clients and select "Complete Transfer". Browse for the TY19 file you'd like to transfer. 

If you have a lot you would probably want to wait a week or so until a fix goes out. Again, I'm sorry you ran into this issue and appreciate your patience.

0 Cheers
AMB Tax
Level 1

unknown error occurred while attempting to transfer (146).  This happened to almost all of my clients,

1040, 1120, 1120S etc

When is this expected to be fixed??

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Are you on version wPro.2020.03.00.18?  A fix for this went out last week - I can confirm no cases of that 146 error have been logged with that release.

0 Cheers
TheBogs
Level 2

At least for my system I can confirm that the update "Orlando" has noted did correct the problem and things are working fine. Many thanks to all who take the time and support this Community.

Stay and be well!

0 Cheers
dude7707
Level 5

Are you on version wPro.2020.03.00.18?  - Y - Transferred successfully!

Thank You.

0 Cheers