Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topez sign pad connection

TaxLess1040
Level 1

was told that Topez signing pad was added to 2019 program - how do we connect it

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Who told you?  when I checked that option was not available

0 Cheers
TaxLess1040
Level 1

The speaker on one of the webinars stated that it was added to the 2020 program

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Maybe he was talking about E-signature, which you have to purchase

nayocartergray
Level 1

The signature pad is live in the 2020 program. Its plug an play.  So once you have an approved device you can just open a client file in ProSeries and go to print the signature forms.  There will now be an option to use Signature Pad and then the software will open the form and color code the different signatures that need to be signed including yours.

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I found out that it was supported, so I tried it out. It does work, but the signature on the forms is so small it is unreadable. I used a Topaz pad, and I will not be using it, unless I can get it to be legible 

Do you know where I can purchase the signature pad?

0 Cheers

Did you find a different one?

0 Cheers
dsosamac
Level 1

Terry, you might want to try again. The last two days, I had the same problem as you. When it captured the preparer's signature, it would appear flattened and hardly legible. Today, I tried capturing it again and it worked correctly.

TaxLess1040
Level 1

will there be a webinar or video on this

0 Cheers
racpa
Level 2

Which one did you purchase?  Where did you purchase it?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Mine now works great, must have been an update. You can get them on Amazon

0 Cheers
mark16
Level 1

We bought two revamped Topaz model T-L460-HSB-R from amazon for $80 and the other was less than that.

0 Cheers