Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THIS - is why I became a CPA

dascpa
Level 11

Got a call this morning. I haven't filed my personal or corporate taxes since 2004. I'd like to get it done within the week.  How much would you charge?

My reply was - how about nothing as I am unable to take this on.

My assistant said I should have done my Dr. Evil's voice and said "one million dollars".  That's for those of you old enough to remember Austin Powers.

1.jpg

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't remember who it was, but someone posted the other day saying they lost a client to a "tax preparer" that was going to charge $15 to prepare their return.  Sounds like a 16 year return bundle and a $15 return preparer would be a good match.  Maybe their stars will align and find each other.  Seriously though, someone is clueless enough to call up a professional tax preparer the last week of March and expect them take on a project like that and have it done in a week?  Luckily they called - I'm guessing there would have been some strong urges to strangle the idiot for asking something so stupid.

Slava Ukraini!
mdtao31
Level 7

i remember the days of "income averaging" and the 40% tax on long term capital gains"

but unfamilar with austin

regards, LARRY

stay safe

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

How about "The Fee (to be paid before starting) will be enough for me to retire now."