Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries - Unable to Open

troy
Level 3

I am unable to open ProSeries. It was fine up until today. It appears to load and try and reach the internet, the spinner is spinning, the login screen appears, and then it simply disappears. I can never even start typing my login credentials. Is this a current issue as of today?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Troy, I am not sure why you cannot log in so I cannot give you any insight there but if you must get in my friend shared this with me.......

"Turn off your wi-fi or internet connection and then try logging in Offline...at least you can still use the program."

I understand the frustration of not being able to log in. Hope you locate the issue. But this could be a workaround for now. 

View solution in original post

31 Comments 31
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
There are no widespread outages.  Have you recently rebooted your machine?  Also, I would try accessing thru your start menu just incase something happened to your desktop shortcut.
0 Cheers
troy
Level 3
Thanks - I also tried reinstalling and there was an error 404 code
troy
Level 3
Please also note it is applying to both 2016 and 2017 versions. 2015 is working as it does not require the online login.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
You may want to confirm that your AV software hasn't gone thru an update and that Proseries is still excluded AND is listed in your trusted sites so that your firewall/AV isn't preventing Proseries from working.
0 Cheers
troy
Level 3
Is there a way for a service agent to remote in and help resolve. I tried adjusting all Firewall settings and need this up and running immediately.
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
ProSeries service agents cannot troubleshoot or adjust your antivirus or firewall, you'd be directed to your local IT for that.
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Aside from that, yes they can help you troubleshoot.  They may try to help with reinstalling but since 2 years are affected, i would assume it's something 'environmental' meaning Antivirus, firewall, or a windows/browser update that has caused the issue at which point, they would probably point you to local IT.
troy
Level 3
It is odd - it is stating that ProSeries is running when I try and uninstall, but I checked my current tasks and I do not see it running. Any further advice you can provide would be helpful. Thanks for the prompt response.
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
reboot?
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
That would probably be root cause.  Something random in background.  I'm with marc, maybe reboot to see if that resolves.
troy
Level 3
If  I  go offline, login, and then go back online, it seems to work fine. It just continues to load and reach the internet when I originally attempt to open while online. The dialog to login appears briefly, the spinner continues to load, and then it simply closes. I am trying to find out what else could be running or if ProSeries is indeed still running even when the dialog disappears.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Troy, I am not sure why you cannot log in so I cannot give you any insight there but if you must get in my friend shared this with me.......

"Turn off your wi-fi or internet connection and then try logging in Offline...at least you can still use the program."

I understand the frustration of not being able to log in. Hope you locate the issue. But this could be a workaround for now. 

troy
Level 3
I didn't even know you could use it offline
troy
Level 3
It is working in that regard, when I try and log in when I am online it does not, very odd.
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I did not know you can use offline either. I found this out when PS was having log in issues earlier this year. Good Luck!
sandramuniz
Level 1

proseries was unable to lolcate the common files folder,

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Helpemout
Level 3

I did go off line so I could work but they have my internet up and running now.  How do I get back on line?

0 Cheers
johnea
Level 3

this is unacceptable unable to load proseries as of 4 hours ago for $2500 it needs to be fixed NOW, or reimburse us NOW.  I tried 3 years back!

johnea
Level 3

yes there are 3 hours now im losing business get your wallet ready intuit! 

leo2
Level 1

Just want to open the program 2019

0 Cheers
leo2
Level 1

I can not because others are using the internet and if I shot down the internet everybody will be affected.

0 Cheers
PB Tax Center
Level 1

Same issue experienced on March 1, 2021.  Unable to open ProSeries 2020.  It appears to load, the login screen appears and then disappears within 10-15 seconds.  Last successful login was 2/27/21.   @troy Were you able to find a solution that didn't require working offline?  

0 Cheers
fmorona
Level 1

I am not able to login 2019-2017 Proseries, but 2020 is ok. Was there a suggest that worked?

0 Cheers
fmorona
Level 1

Troy, I have the same issue now with 2019 and back; 2020 is ok. Did you find a solution that worked?

0 Cheers
fmorona
Level 1

Any luck with your issue? All my prior years Proseries pop up but no login available. 2020 works fine!

0 Cheers
TaxMaam
Level 3

I have the same issue. I can log in but then the wheel just spins and homebase never loads. I have to end process and open a file directly from the data file to get it to open. I have restarted a few times with no luck and I have consistent internet access.

0 Cheers
mort k
Level 1

I am getting a message to the effect error loading bas win......

0 Cheers
JCT1
Level 3

Proseries employees can do absolutely nothing!  They are beyond worthless, of no use or value to anyone, anywhere, ever.  I have had it with your lousy product which once worked but no longer does because you want to force desktop users to your overpriced and no doubt equally worthless cloud based platform.  You can all go straight to HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw you, and I mean that with all sincerity-

0 Cheers
JCT1
Level 3

That's total bull**bleep** Ashley- that's  the standard proseries "tech support" bull**bleep** answer to everything wrong with their crap product- always make it about the users' systems,  You people are crooks, liars, scam artists and scumbags and are more worthless than cockroaches.....

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

We're hoping you were able to resolve your issue & understand how frustrating unexpected errors can be.  

Click here to start your own ProSeries discussion.The community here is extremely helpful at sharing their knowledge and pointing people in the right direction.

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers