Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Version of ProSeries you are using is no longer current....

Steve Stohr
Level 2

I'm stumped.......

I keep getting the warning that the Version of ProSeries I am using is no longer current....   

So I update the software, same problem....

Then I tried again,  same problem.

I found the tab "Refresh Updates" and did that, the update took forever....

Tried to e-file again, same problem.

On my laptop, I updated, no issues with e-filing...   

What am I missing...

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
PATAX
Level 15

Who knows what it could be.... all of a sudden I cannot download updates from the pro series module, it says Pro Series is not responding. Like you I have no idea why this happened. Now I have to download the updates outside of the program on the screen that pops up when you put your computer on.

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

It is also taking a ridiculously long. Of time to download updates like you.

0 Cheers
Steve Stohr
Level 2

The last time I updated, after telling it to "reset updates"  the progress bar made it to 170 percent...   overachiever!!       Took a full hour, but I have super slow internet....   AT&T, one step above the old dial up garbage...   

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Can you both email the following file to proseries_engineering@intuit.com

[ProSeries installation directory]\appData\updateLog.txt

Where ProSeries Installation Directory is probably C:\BasWin20 or C:\ProWin20

We've been seeing 3 main issues with updates: Update 22, Update 18 and general inability to download files (primarily for Comcast/Xfinity customers). The reason and fix varies, but at a high level amounts to "external things getting in the way".  Hopefully with those logs I can diagnose.   

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

That is funny that you mention that. I was just telling a colleague that also has Pro Series that it goes well over a hundred and some percent. I thought 100% was the maximum?

0 Cheers
Steve Stohr
Level 2

Email on its way   Thank You! 

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

@Steve Stohr "I have super slow internet....AT&T, one step above the old dial up garbage... "

Try buying an ad in the Wall Street Journal about that

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/02/90-year-old-gets-att-300mbps-fiber-a-week-aft...

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

For knowledge / Google purposes..

Steve is good now, after 

• Turning off Avast Anti-Virus
  • Open File Explorer
  • Renaming C:\ProWin20\forms\1040_20\pspdfs to C:\ProWin20\forms\1040_20\pspdfs_backup
  • Running ProSeries 2020 -> Tools Repair Updates

The issue seems to be Avast (and maybe others) are putting some sort of "protection" on some of our directories, and blocking updates. The two main ones are that pspdfs directory or \32bit.  If you look at [installationDirectory]\appData\UpdateLog.txt and search for Error(18) you'll see what file/directory is getting locked:

[Sun Feb 14 16:03:40 2021]  ### 1040 individual Failed - Error(18) - patch:C:\ProWin20\Updates\wfdipro-200-202285.rtp - File: C:\ProWin20\forms\1040_20\pspdfs\F8821_SW.pdf - ProSeries Update - Failure Opening New File: C:\ProWin20\forms\1040_20\pspdfs\F8821_SW.pdf

Rename the directory that contains the file, then run repair updates.

We continue to work with the updates vendor to figure out why this is happening and to prevent it.. but haven't made progress yes.

csanford
Level 1

Hi Orlando,

We tried this, and it worked but now we are unable to print the forms, any suggestions?

0 Cheers