Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Social Security Worksheet is not showing calculations on 2020 program

Is this a glitch in the program?  My clients like to see the calculations when they have taxable SS (and so do I).  Will this be fixed Intuit?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's good to hear that the problem is limited instead of haunting your whole client base.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

20 Comments 20
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Seems to be working for me, maybe you can explain better what youre not seeing?

ssworksht.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Mine works.... have you updated recently?  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Is this a case of the worksheet not being there, or a case of the worksheet just not printing with the return?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Oh good call, I add that worksheet to my Forms that Print with the filing copy

Line 1 and line 18 are filled out, nothing in-between.  I updated this morning, still the same, that is why I asked.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Weird, was this a recently transferred client or did it get transferred back earlier? or a new client?

0 Cheers

Ironman, The worksheet is there and it prints fine, there are figures in line 1 and line 18 but no figures anywhere in-between those two.  Just blank lines.  I updated this morning and checked and it is the same.  😞

IRonMaN
Level 15

I just plugged some numbers into a return and it worked fine for me.  Out of curiosity, can you try plopping some numbers in another client's return to see if there is a "flaw" with the client or if the issue is your copy of the software.

Slava Ukraini!

established client that was transferred back in late December (along with all my clients) but this is the first one with SS so far. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Pull another one up and add some SS to it...same thing? 

Create a new client and give it some income and SS...does it fill out the worksheet?

Hmmmm...I put a SS number in  another client that was also transferred in December and the form filled out.  I think there is a glitch with this one client.  It isn't too complicated and they informed me they have more info to get to me.  Think I might delete, re-transfer and start over while I'm not super busy yet. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's good to hear that the problem is limited instead of haunting your whole client base.

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

I just transfer clients one at a time until mid-March or so (sometimes later).  Even if the software has no bugs prior to that--sorry, "unexpected behaviors"--Congress and the state legislatures really love making retroactive changes to the tax laws.

If we ever get to travel again, Utah is up next on my bucket list (hopefully in 2022).  I've been to SLC before but then we turned north since my uncle was living in Spokane, WA.  So I didn't make it to all of the wonderful National Parks (Arches, Bryce, Canyonlands, Zion, etc.).  I have seen the Grand Canyon from the AZ side.  I hear Great Basin (across the border in NV) has great stargazing on the new moon so I'd like to try to work that in too.

But first I have to survive this tax season and a move that keeps getting postponed.

Rick

IronMan suggested the same thing.  See my reply to him.  I did it and it was all there.  Gonna delete the client and start over.  I don't have too much info in yet and it is not a complicated return.  I'll let you all know.  It may not happen till Monday! 

Rick,

This December transfer is the earliest I have ever transferred my clients.  Sheesh! 

I lived in Utah (St George, Ogden, and Salt Lake Valley) for about 40 years.  It is a beautiful state and so diverse as is Arizona, where I live now.  We are expecting snow tomorrow where I live.  I am about an hour north of Phoenix, live on a dirt road, up on a hill in a canyon with amazing views.  Other than the satellite (SLOW) internet, which is all I have a choice of, I love it! 

Janis

rbynaker
Level 13

LOL.  I was on a dirt road like that when I toured AZ!  This was circa 1987 so I don't remember the actual route but I think we were driving from the Painted Desert down to Phoenix and there was this great "shortcut" on the map (how bad can it be right, they put it on the map!)  This ended up being a long and winding dirt road on the side of a mountain (I'm back East so what you call a hill, we call a mountain).  No guardrails.  If you were unlucky enough to meet someone coming the other direction, chances are one of you had to back up until the road was wide enough to pass each other!

In December of 2019 I helped a friend of mine move his mother's stuff from SC to CA.  We didn't get much sight-seeing time in but I did make it a point to take a lunch break and stand on the corner in Winslow, AZ on the way.

Rick

0 Cheers

We have a Jeep.  We are on those "back roads" all the time.  It is good stress therapy for me and my camera.  Happy tax season all.  May it all be over this year on April 15!    And Rick, Winslow is cool.  Route 66!

DSC_1711_Fotor.jpgDSC_0548_Fotor.jpg

0 Cheers

I deleted the client, re-transferred them and now the SS worksheet is working.  I will be watching all the others before I add all the info...just in case.  Thanks for all your help!

rbynaker
Level 13

Thanks for reporting back!  Sometimes data gets corrupted in the early transfers and there's no easy fix, you just have to start over.  Hopefully you don't have too much data entry to duplicate this year!

Rick

Well, I never updated this.  When the SS worksheet filled out again I thought deleting and re entering info for my client was going to work.  Low and behold, the info went away again.  Finally I noticed a statement near the bottom that said if it was calculated on the SS form for those that contribute to a traditional IRA.  I don't know if this is new or I have never had a client on SS and still working that contribute to an IRA.  I thought I would mention this in case someone else has this trouble!  It threw me!