Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the files that I've worked on have disappeared from the main homebase view

mlscpaohio
Level 3

I notice that any file that I've clicked on and opened has now disappeared from the homebase view. it comes up when I use the find client search, but why is it disappearing?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Paul-G-328
Level 4

I have Pro Series Basic and every return I transmitted to Intuit suddenly disappeared from Homebase right after confirmation. But I just discovered what is happening, All of the clients I transmitted are listed separtely at the Bottom of Homebase in alphabetical order after the other clients. I like this feature of separate groupings.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Maybe the filename has a typo and its in the wrong alphabetical order so its not appearing where youd expect to find it?

Are you in the EFCenter and the return isn't marked for EF?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
mlscpaohio
Level 3

no, its regular homebase. I was trying a print function and just went to the first file to open and try to print. Did this a couple of times, then realized that the first several files (that I had tried to print from) had disappeared from regular homebase.  I see someone else had the same issue after he efiled someone. Even working on my personal return-when I scroll down in homebase its not there. It does come up in the search feature.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Are you on a network of some kind?

0 Cheers
mlscpaohio
Level 3

no.stand alone

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Orlando  can you tell whats happening here?

Orlando seems to be the Homebase guru this year, lets see what he thinks is happening.

0 Cheers
mlscpaohio
Level 3

It's not an emergency, the files are still there, but when you first bring it up it looks like they're gone.

I think this is the same problem that Paul-G-328 is having when he efiled and they disappeared too, so you might want to copy him on the solution. Thanks for checking on this.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Do you see something like the highlighted row at the bottom of the screenshot below?  This is a filter, and has tripped up a few folks around here this year. You get a few ways - clicking the "funnel" in a column or by clicking HomeBase->Query.  It's applied and hides returns until you uncheck it or delete it - see the red highlights.

2021-01-28_17-30-53.png

if it's not that.. we'll need to dig in more. 

mlscpaohio
Level 3

no, and I was concerned last night when a client came over and his file didn't come up in the "find" box. I had to re-transfer from 2019. Luckily I had only checked a status on his account previously, and had not input anything.  I just clicked on "reset current view" and the missing files are back in homebase.  Is there no longer a "homebase tuneup"?

Paul-G-328
Level 4

I have Pro Series Basic and every return I transmitted to Intuit suddenly disappeared from Homebase right after confirmation. But I just discovered what is happening, All of the clients I transmitted are listed separtely at the Bottom of Homebase in alphabetical order after the other clients. I like this feature of separate groupings.

0 Cheers
mlscpaohio
Level 3

Thanks, Paul. I haven't been able to efile yet. Apparently my state is not intact yet. I did a reset on the homebase and they came back. There used to be a homebase tune-up button, but I don't see that any more. There is a homebase maintenance, but it doesn't say what it does, so I won't be doing that until I find out.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Short Answer: HomeBase Tuneup morphed into HomeBase Maintenance as part of an initiative this past year to move to a modern HomeBase technology. 

Long Answer

"HomeBase" is a database of information cached from all the various files you have in 20Data. It is needed in order to efficiently access and display that information (it would take too long to open each file and read all the data in them in order to display what you see or search in the program)

"HomeBase View" is just a window into that database.  Depending on what filters, custom views, queries, etc you have active that window of what's shown can change - but the underlying data is still there in the database.

HomeBase Tuneup / HomeBase Maintenance was designed to resync the information cached in the database with the information in your client files. This is needed for example if files are added or deleted from the 20Data folder outside of ProSeries - the Database only knows what it is told, which usually happens when files are open, closed, saved within ProSeries.

0 Cheers
Nazneen
Level 1

i dont have any highlighted fields and proseries files are disappearing  and temp files are showing up in 20 data.  this is a disaster!

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

By TEMP files do you mean files that end with an extension of .cache? If so, those are new this year - each data file displayed in homebase will have a corresponding .cache file.

Have you tried calling into customer support? I believe if they can see your screen they can help.

0 Cheers