Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas automatic extension of June 15th, 2021

Anonymous
Not applicable

When can I expect to be able to e-file a Texas return showing a June 14th draft date for taxes due now that the IRS has declared the June15th automatic extension for Texas residents

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Probably be a few weeks at minimum for Intuit to catch up with the change.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

The joke's on Texas if they schedule a payment for June 14 and then IRS extends the date for everyone to July 15.  

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Even without the change it seems that the TX return is not ready to efile - based on the comments here.

BTW - has TX extended its due date? I know IRS gave relief to all of TX.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Most Texans don't have to file state returns.  

0 Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct.  I was referring to the federal tax return due date of 6/15 due to the storm disasters.  The program will not yet let me change the tax due draft date to anything after 4/15.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The IRS has given Texans until 6/15 to send in their Federal return due to the February storm disaster.

ekelleycpa
Level 2

Oh, yeah, that's really funny.

0 Cheers
Beno58
Level 3

Crazy funny.

Texas Franchise returns are also extended to June15.

ekelleycpa
Level 2

Proseries still showing a 6/15 payment with efiling today as an error and unable to efile.  I'm sitting on a lot of returns that need to get filed, but clients can't pay until 6/15.   Other payment options are not acceptable to clients.