Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Return Rejected reasoning ERROR in form 1116 requesting list the country in column Paid date in part II

taxdada
Level 2

I have prepared two form 1116 with country VARIOUS and Paid date as 12/31/20. When e-filed it is rejected. Any solution. Called Pro=Series support but with no help from them.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Its in internal error, its not on your end...whether Intuit blames IRS and IRS blames the software provider...its an internal error between the 2 of them, you cant fix it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
IntuitGabi

What's the reject code you're seeing? 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
taxdada
Level 2

Rejection code is - REJ001

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
REJ rejects are usually on Intuits end and fix themselves...how many times have you retransmitted?

0 Cheers
taxdada
Level 2

Hello Just-Lisa-Now,

I call Intuit and talked to e-file support, he said that this is from IRS not from Intuit. Are you sure that REJ code is for Intuit end not IRS end?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Its in internal error, its not on your end...whether Intuit blames IRS and IRS blames the software provider...its an internal error between the 2 of them, you cant fix it.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You could try running REFRESH Updates from the Updates drop down menu, see if that helps at all.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

@taxdada Is there a Federal rejection code you're seeing? Code REJ001 may be related to a state.

Thank you @Just-Lisa-Now-!! 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
taxdada
Level 2

Oh. Thanks. Good Idea. I will try to REFRESH and UPDATE.

sjrcpa
Level 15

I only know of one state that allows foreign tax credit - NC- and they don't use the 1116.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Why do you have 2 1116s? Could that be the problem? You only do two if you have 2 different types of income-say passive and general limitation.

Ex-AllStar
Ed Goldman
Level 2

Per customer service, the program cannot handle multiple 1116 forms. Period. You must paper file.