Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax refund

corinnerichard
Level 3

half of my clients have not gotten back their tax refund for year 2019  as we all know going to where's my refund tells you nothing, any body out there have any real way of finding out???

thank you so much my phone is ringing off the hook

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does it just show being Processed?

You can call PPS, but chances are they wont be able to tell you anymore than you can see on the WMR site.

Was a BAD year to paper file...

https://www.wcpo.com/money/consumer/dont-waste-your-money/tax-refunds-delayed-months-for-almost-5-mi...

Lots of Efiled returns are hung up in processing, I saw another article, (I didnt save it) that says 50% of those pulled for review were pulled in error and should have never landed there.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Wouldn't hurt to call PPS because I had a few clients with 'stuck' refunds that conveniently were processed after I called PPS.   I was told clients will just have to wait until letters get sent out or more staff returned.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I was hpoing that would happen with the one Ive got stuck sicne 3/30...such a simple return, I dont understand why they pulled it at all....called PPS twice, 5/20 and 6/22, on 6/22 they said theyd escalate it, Wheres My Refund still shows processing! Makes no sense to me.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

IRS is doing a massive "bring employees back to work" next week. They will start working the huge backlog.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

@corinnerichardIt's poor tax planning to get tax refunds. Maybe an opportunity for client service this year.

Ex-AllStar
dkh
Level 15

@sjrcpa  you must have very different clients than I do.   No way on this earth would my clients agree to reduce their withholdings so the tax refund would be next to nothing.        I personally think its ridiculous to let the government hold the money interest free but I can't get them to agree.

mdtao31
Level 7

Hi,had same problem with a client

irs stated it was holding refund until client received a written notice within 30 days. that

wasback in march.just yesterday client received refund ??

regards, Larry

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Between that new W4 and the extra federal unemployment people got this year with no withholding, I predict some not-so-happy clients next season when their refunds are smaller than usual....Im stocking up on Kleenex for the office!

qbteachmt
Level 15

"as we all know going to where's my refund tells you nothing"

@corinnerichardYou also asked this question, elsewhere: "1st does anyone have any valid reason why or how can they find out."

The IRS portals will tell you what the IRS has for status. There is no reason to consider it isn't real; that isn't Nothing, either. That is the Real Way to find out. It won't make the IRS work faster to keep asking the same question in 3 places, now. No one here works for the IRS, and no one here knows anything more than you would be able to find out for your specific clients by using the IRS resources.

It's all over the internet, the news, professional organization newsletter and emails, and even on this forum, as to the issues with the IRS this year. Further, the peer users on this forum that bring up ideas such as, "Gee, maybe I should resubmit as paper copies?" are going to end up clogging the system with duplicates.

And all the "nonfilers" that filed a basic return to get their stimulus check, when they really were "not filed yet" hasn't helped, either.

That means the entire problem you see now, 6 months out, is not going to resolve itself any quicker. Just wait until all the extensions come up in Sept and Oct, releasing even more K-1s and requiring more amended returns. I predict tax year 2019 filing in 2020 won't end until 2024.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
dkh
Level 15

@mdtao31   that client should count himself lucky.  Got the refund w/o dealing with a letter.

I have client waiting since March 26th.