Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Preparer Account at Intuit does not allow for Foreign Address & Foreign Phone Info

https://myproconnect.intuit.com/#/accounts/details

These important Intuit address and contact fields do not currently allow the many licensed tax preparers who reside overseas to enter their correct foreign address and foreign phone numbers. ( For example: I use ProSeries Professional for the past 20 years)

Surely this is an easy field area for intuit to correct because these fields need to match IRS EFIN, CAF, enrolled Agent, CPA, etc updated contact documents submitted to the IRS by the many licensed tax preparers who reside overseas.

Intuit please immediately update these web pages to properly care for preparers who use your great software  and who reside and run their business overseas. Thanks.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Success with a work around at Pro Series Customer Support using the fantastic help from ProSeries customer service agent Terrenz Grace - 

She worked with the ProSeries back end team to come up with an alternative direct link to update the EFIN Verification using a copy of the online updated IRS PTIN Credential Summary form because the online form myproconnect.intuit.com/accounts/details  does not allow data entry of a foreign address especially the state and postcode fields or foreign phone number.

At this time IRS does not accept calls into the E Help support line and even when it does the IRS does not allow a 2nd step verification secure option for foreign phone numbers so its not possible at this to log on to E Services at all when operating a tax practice from overseas.

ProSeries Customer Service will provid a direct PCG EFIN Verification screen to use in Exploer mode not Chrome which they will email direct to you after the ProSeries back end have verified our situation and rego numbers to fill in and submit to ProSeries who take about 2 days to process and send instruction how to re license with our new address.

Do not even try to use the online EFIN Verification screen at this time because you must go through ProSeries customer support.

This PCG EFIN Verification link work around requires us to absolutely 1st call in to ProSeries customer service to have them control and verify this process with you for your particular update situation:

1. Show the reason I am submitting as an address change
  2. add the state after the city field
  3. to enter the state field as FC9999
  4. to enter the EFIN App tracking number as 0000
  5. attach the PDF copy of my updated IRS PTIN Credential Summary form being sure that all rego numbers show including my PTIN number especially with the new address
  6. to check “I agree to the terms and conditions” and select 3rd option as follows: “I cannot access my Application Summary today on e-Services. Please grant me One-time temporary e-file access using my outdated documentation for 30 days until I regain access to e-Services and can resubmit my EFIN Credentials”
  7. Apparently the ProSeries back end team will extend this 30 days to perhaps 6 months due to the facts above.

Summary Appreciation: So ProSeries customer service agent Terrenz Grace wisely found a work around solution to updating foreign addresses and contact information. She deserves enormous praise and appreciation for her timely and diligent efforts including her follow up calls to make sure that all was processed properly.

Much appreciation from a 20 year experienced professional tax accountant based in Australia and for the many other tax accountants based overseas.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

It amazes me why Intuit wouldn't implement a simple fix to allow registration of foreign addresses and phone numbers.

The only way to make any small change is to call Support to have them override on the back end.   And yet, not everyone at Support knows how to do the override (e.g. 11-digit phone number) or understands the importance of these details, which you mentioned, matching the IRS' records.  Recently, I had to spend well over an hour on the phone with Support because some of my account details went missing for no reason (as reported by some users).

I second the idea that Intuit should really have their system updated ASAP to cater to customers overseas.  If competitors like CCH have no problem building that into their systems, there is no reason why this should be such a difficult feat for Intuit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

@davidsommertaxheYou will get little mileage posting your suggestion here in the forum in all honesty.  I'm in the same boat.

If you want to make a wish, you need to toss a coin into the well (at https://intuit.uservoice.com/forums/31961-proseries-tax-product-suggestions).  As you will see, the well is full of coins.  Intuit can easily harvest those coins for a handsome profit but they'd rather leave the money there pristine.  And so, few wishes ever come true.  But you never know.  Go ahead, toss the coin and dream about what life could be like if your wish comes true.

I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

Success with a work around at Pro Series Customer Support using the fantastic help from ProSeries customer service agent Terrenz Grace - 

She worked with the ProSeries back end team to come up with an alternative direct link to update the EFIN Verification using a copy of the online updated IRS PTIN Credential Summary form because the online form myproconnect.intuit.com/#/accounts/details  does not allow data entry of a foreign address especially the state and postcode fields or foreign phone number.

At this time IRS does not accept calls into the E Help support line and even when it does the IRS does not allow a 2nd step verification secure option for foreign phone numbers so its not possible at this to log on to E Services at all when operating a tax practice from overseas.

ProSeries Customer Service will provid a direct PCG EFIN Verification screen to use in Exploer mode not Chrome which they will email direct to you after the ProSeries back end have verified our situation and rego numbers to fill in and submit to ProSeries who take about 2 days to process and send instruction how to re license with our new address.

Do not even try to use the online EFIN Verification screen at this time because you must go through ProSeries customer support.

This PCG EFIN Verification link work around requires us to absolutely 1st call in to ProSeries customer service to have them control and verify this process with you for your particular update situation:

5. attach the PDF copy of my updated IRS PTIN Credential Summary form being sure that all rego numbers show including my PTIN number especially with the new address
  6. to check “I agree to the terms and conditions” and select 3rd option as follows: “I cannot access my Application Summary today on e-Services. Please grant me One-time temporary e-file access using my outdated documentation for 30 days until I regain access to e-Services and can resubmit my EFIN Credentials”
  7. Apparently the ProSeries back end team will extend this 30 days to perhaps 6 months due to the facts above.

Summary Appreciation: So ProSeries customer service agent Terrenz Grace wisely found a work around solution to updating foreign addresses and contact information. She deserves enormous praise and appreciation for her timely and diligent efforts including her follow up calls to make sure that all was processed properly.

Much appreciation from a 20 year experienced professional tax accountant based in Australia and for the many other tax accountants based overseas.

0 Cheers

She worked with the ProSeries back end team to come up with an alternative direct link to update the EFIN Verification using a copy of the online updated IRS PTIN Credential Summary form because the online form myproconnect.intuit.com/accounts/details  does not allow data entry of a foreign address especially the state and postcode fields or foreign phone number.

itonewbie
Level 15

@davidsommertaxheThanks for the update!

Intuit was able to get around the EFIN verification for us although it took a while because of system limitations back then - we did have good support from @IntuitAustin and Boris Schmukler.  However, the problem with the online account not being able to accommodate foreign addresses and phone numbers still lingers and I hope Intuit can get that fixed soon.

Still an AllStar
cnxatx13
Level 1

Wow!  Glad you got it worked out!  Thanks for posting. 

0 Cheers