Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax payments worksheet

Sherifbasaly
Level 2

What is Tax payments worksheet in state means?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Tax payments worksheet seems fairly self explanatory....what exactly is your question?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Sherifbasaly
Level 2

Is it for tax due for current year or for estimate tax for next year??

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Payments made for 2019 get included on the tax payments worksheet....again its pretty self explanatory, have you looked at the inputs?

1040ES Worksheet is for setting up estimated payments for 2020.

0 Cheers
Sherifbasaly
Level 2

Because i have received a notice from Indiana department of revenue that 2019 tax due is $63 and I did put the amount on tax payments worksheet and dated for 03/15/2020 so I am not sure if they will take the money by 03/15/2020 or it will be like estimated payment for 2020 tax year?

0 Cheers
AcctgAssoc
Level 3

The tax payments worksheet is where you input the taxes paid for 2019.  It isn't used for any 2020 input.  

If you want to have an amount due paid, you would indicated that in Part IX of the Information Worksheet.  You (of course) have to have the bank information entered there so that the payment can be withdrawn on the date the client elects.

Sherifbasaly
Level 2

Yes but my question was for the state not for the federal part

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Sounds like you included that as taxes previously paid for 2019. 

If there is a balance due on the return, and the return has already been filed, you'll need to have your client send in a check with a payment voucher.

AcctgAssoc
Level 3

State payments you want to have withdrawn are entered on the State Information Worksheet, Part VII.

Hope that helps!

Sherifbasaly
Level 2

yes i believe I did 

Thank you for your Help 

0 Cheers
Sherifbasaly
Level 2

sure it will help 

Thank you 

0 Cheers