Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax dropoff not working for TD Ameritrade

whittlejv
Level 2

Anyone else having trouble getting TD Ameritrade 1099's to Import?  I've never had trouble in past years getting them.

I get the message:

That form wasn’t found

You can ask the financial institution if you'll get this form, and return to import it when it's available.

If you already have the info, you can enter it by hand. (141)

Thanks

Joan

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

24 Comments 24
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like the 1099 isn't ready yet.  Check back a the end of the week.  Well, you can check everyday until it's ready if you like but time is money.  💸

Slava Ukraini!
whittlejv
Level 2

It has been available in the account online since Feb 5th - so I don't know why it wouldn't be available for import.

0 Cheers
HeatherC
Level 1

As of today 2.13.20 the financial download for TD Ameritrade 1099s are not working. I am still getting the below message. I just wondering if anyone else is having troubles?

0 Cheers
whittlejv
Level 2

Yes I am still having trouble getting 1099's from TD Ameritrade.  Anyone else having this same issue?  Any one else ABLE to get them?

0 Cheers
ken4
Level 3

Downloads from brokerage houses are very common. I think Pro series should be more aggressive in fixing this problem.

0 Cheers
MarkieMark
Level 1

5 clients, three different brokerage houses and none will work(one is my own account).  All have the same message indicating that client should check back later to see if form is available.  Same screen experience with each.  Each brokerage has the documents available for client download as .PDF.  Edward Jones local broker confirmed with corporate that download is available as soon as client copies are available.  Did not have this problem last year....

Any input from a TurboTax user, will the direct import work?  Is it just Tax Form Drop Off that is broke?

Any responses from Intuit???   

0 Cheers
ken4
Level 3

Tax season is 33% over, and Proseries seems disinterested in fixing it.

It's their problem, not the brokerage houses.

0 Cheers
Juliewish
Level 2

I don't think the drop off function works in ProSeries even Lacerte.  I agreed with Ken4, it's not the brokerage houses problem but Intuit.

0 Cheers
marksashcpa
Level 2

Thank you for making us look bad in front of our clients.  Explaining the circumstances to a client does not help.  When things act up related to their data, they get nervous.  Shame on me for not testing the drop off on myself before requesting from multiple clients.  Another lesson learned re Intuit QA.

Looking forward to a lot of data entry and attaching PDFs to e-filed returns.....

Hope this is fixed before the final 1099-B info starts coming out for the more complex returns.

0 Cheers
ken4
Level 3

I guess Intuit decided to spend 7 billion buying Credit Karma instead of fixing Proseries. The big get bigger and care far less about its customers. 

0 Cheers
dgmconsulting
Level 2

This seems to be the problem for importing any brokerage accounts.  This worked fine last year but I am unable to import any brokerage accounts this year.  Do we know when this is going to be fixed?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

@ken4 wrote:

I guess Intuit decided to spend 7 billion buying Credit Karma instead of fixing Proseries. The big get bigger and care far less about its customers. 

But they gave everyone badges ---------------- who needs functional software when everyone can strut around here showing off their badges.  Once I win the badge for helping old ladies cross the street I believe my collection will be complete 😐

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
ken4
Level 3

I'm sure Intuit will be issuing a refund for this huge software issue, which is probably the most essential feature of the program.

It's a joke and such arrogance from a Company that has the gall to send a survey after support help. With over 10,000 employees they can't all be incompetent.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I don’t know that is the most essential part of the software.  I’ve never used the feature so I’m not going to rank it number 1 quite yet.

Slava Ukraini!
ken4
Level 3

IRonMaN:

If you had a substantial number of clients with a lot of securities transactions like I do it would be. It's a substantial time saver.

Well, this ends the conversation anyways because it's working now.

JDCPA
Level 2

Tax dropoff did not work for my clients either ~ not with Merrill Lynch, Fidelity, Raymond James...

Very disappointed and, although in February, their tech support said they would let me know when this issue is resolved, they have not contacted me and it is not resolved.

When I download the info, it says it is complete...but...none of the sales from Form 1099-B show up and my clients have hundreds of transactions!  This worked well in the past.

What other tax software companies are other CPA's using?   Thinking of changing my tax software for the 2020 season although I have been with Intuit for decades! 

0 Cheers
ken4
Level 3

I also have used ProSeries forever, and probably tried every demo out there. The closest thing I see that offers direct form entry is TaxAct Professional. May get some getting used to, but you find some pluses and minuses. Get a demo and give it a shot. I also decided, after the 1099B download catastrophe, that I will not be using ProSeries next year. Tax Act pro is so inexpensive that I ran both programs side by side this year to give a real test.

JDCPA
Level 2

Thank you.  I signed up to try TaxAct Professional for free.  I like their price and will be disappointed to not send out Intuit's tax organizer but....I have several clients who have hundreds of transactions and it seemed to take forever to type them into the software!  

Don't know why Intuit changed their software for tax drop off but..."if it ain't broke, don't fix it"....

Thanks again

0 Cheers
ken4
Level 3

Good Luck, I'll be interested in your search for replacements

my email is [email address removed]

JDRM
Level 2

Importing from TD Ameritrade still doesn't work.  It didn't work last year and new again this year.  Ameritrade tells me it's an Intuit problem.  Is there any hope that Intuit will get this working?  I hate to enter hundreds of transactions by hand.

0 Cheers
JNguyen
Level 1

Spoke to tech support on 2-19-2021 and was told to try again today 2-23-2021. Just tried again and it still didn't work.

Looks like we have to call INTUIT every year about this issue.

0 Cheers
ken4
Level 3

This is an ongoing problem with Pro Series software. It's amazing that a public traded company, Intuit, can get away with this nonsense year after year.

They blame the brokerage houses every year but it is Intuit that is incompetent and misrepresents the truth on who is at fault.  

I use TAXACT pro software and have downloaded broker transactions effortlessly this year.

0 Cheers
brestrepo
Level 1

I haven'n been able to import my financial institution.  I have inquire several times and it seems proseries help hasn't been able to do it either.  I don't know if it is because the dropoff  function is not working.

0 Cheers
brestrepo
Level 1

I'm so dissapointed that the proseries support can not fixed the ongoing problem with the import of 

financial institution.  It should had been a very  simple functional process.

0 Cheers