Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAX DROP ERROR 1

JDCPA
Level 2

USED TAX DROPOFF TO TRANSFER FROM FINANCIAL INSTITUTION TO FORM 1040.  SOFTWARE SAYS ALL TRANSFERRED AND SHOWS SCREEN WITH ACCOUNT NUMBERS, 1099-B, 1099-INT AND 1099-DIV.  WHEN UPLOADING, POP UP WINDOW SAYS ENCOUNTERED ERROR CODE 1.  1099-B IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES NOT UPLOAD TO RETURN.  TECH SUPPORT SAYS THEY ARE AWARE ~ AND WORKING ON PROBLEM ~ LOOKS LIKE THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM SINCE EARLY FEBRUARY.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS FIXABLE?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

You can still make a pdf attachment and enter the the data and check the box for Summary from attached statement. You can do that for each group of data - ST with basis, LT without, LT with, ST without, ST not reported, LT not Reported. So at most 6 entries. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
IRonMaN
Level 15

YOUARETHE1,000,001PERSONTOMENTIONTHEPROBLEMYOUCANALWAYSENTERTHE1099MANUALLYSINCEYOUCANJUSTREPORTTOTALSWHENCOSTISREPORTEDTOTHEIRS.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Is the shift key on your keyboard broken?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

If tech support is working on it, then it is likely fixable. In the mean time, how hard is it to just do the input of the data? When you post here, you are asking other users and most of us don't know any more about the workings of the programmers than you do.

ALL CAPS MAY BE NICE FOR YOU, BUT MOST USERS HERE FIND IT HARD TO READ AND IT IS GENERALLY ONLY USED IF YOU WANT TO SHOUT!

JDCPA
Level 2

Thanks for your response.  However, my client has over 1,000 transactions for several accounts and I am trying to save time and my sanity by NOT typing in each transaction.

This feature in drop off worked so well in the past so just hoping to find another way.

0 Cheers
JDCPA
Level 2

On your  solution,   Some of his accounts did report basis to IRS but most did not.

0 Cheers
JDCPA
Level 2

Caps not intended to offend or shout .  I had just come out of my tax client's data input where I always use all caps.  Tax Drop off worked for interest and dividends so

I'm hoping to find a suggestion to help me avoid inputting 1,000 entries.  Since Tax drop off worked in the past for sales transactions and I bill by the hour, I cannot bill for having to manually enter over 1,000 transactions into Sch D.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You can still make a pdf attachment and enter the the data and check the box for Summary from attached statement. You can do that for each group of data - ST with basis, LT without, LT with, ST without, ST not reported, LT not Reported. So at most 6 entries. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

George typed faster than me.

Slava Ukraini!
JDCPA
Level 2

Caps not intended to offend or shout .  I had just come out of my tax client's data input where I always use all caps.  Tax Drop off worked for interest and dividends so

I'm hoping to find a suggestion to help me avoid inputting 1,000 entries.

JDCPA
Level 2

I like that 3.28 extra space.  How did you come up with that number?  Be safe

abctax55
Level 15

@IRonMaN 

I'm really surprised you didn't use 3.13145.....

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

@abctax55 I like π, especially apple.

IRonMaN
Level 15

The 3.28 just popped into my head .............................. just another one of those voices I hear, especially around this time of year 😁

Anna - I was going to go along that line but didn't want to go through all that effort and then have it cut off by space limitations here.

Slava Ukraini!