Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions ... it is pointless to enter these on the Suggestion page because nobody looks at those.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Main problem deleted due to my stupidity.  😂

2) Can there PLEASE be a page the is REGULARLY UPDATED that show things that are being worked on?  For example, if a "fix" for this problem is already in progress, I wouldn't need to waste my time asking about it.

3) On a completely unrelated note, can the Sign-In screen in ProSeries PLEASE show when the CAPS Lock is on?  It used to do it (2017 and prior?), but it was de-enhanced a few years ago. 

I'm going to 'flag' Orlando on this.  It may not be his department, but he has been SO helpful (thank you!!!), I am hoping he may be able to at least bring it to the attention of the proper people.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
That damn CAPS LOCK gets me all the time!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Happy to try

#1 - Forwarded to someone who can triage and report out

#2 - Great idea, wish it was easy. I'll forward to our Program Manager, but it would take coordination across thousands of people and hundreds of teams 

#3 - It's complicated. That login widget is a web thing hosted by an embedded browser.  There are actually two options - Chrome and Internet Explorer.  The Internet Explorer option has that Caps lock support, but has other potential issues (for example recaptcha isn't working for some folks).  The Chrome option does not have the Caps Lock support.     In the summer we're going to move to a new Microsoft Component that will hopefully be perfect.   If this is a particularly big pain point for you, you can put it in the Internet Explorer Mode.  In the login widget, right click on the Intuit Accountants logo and choose "Compatibility Mode".  It will shut down. Restart ProSeries and see if you like that better. If you run into issues.. revert.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ahh, compatibility mode brought back the CAPS LOCK warning! Cool trick!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Just remember that's on in case you run into weirdness with login.  About .1% have issues with Standard mode, and a different .1% have issues with the Compatibility mode. Good times.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Thank you so much for responding Orlando.

#3 worked great.   😀

As for the #2, management needs to realize that if something like that were regularly updated and EASY to access (such as being able to get to it within program), that would reduce the need for Customer Support (and those of us on this forum) to respond to the same question over and over and over again about a known error.  And it would reduce the frustrations of those who are encountering the problem.

While I don't know the specifics, it doesn't seem like it should be that difficult.  There must be SOME list or database showing "yes, this seems to be an error and we are working on it".  The public 'list' doesn't need to go into great detail, but should show that a problem has been reported and is being looked into.  Again, from my perspective it seems fairly easy and would reduce the strain on Customer Support.

And thank you so much for your patience with me posting a question that was just due to my stupidity (they moved things a bit from last year, so I entered it in the wrong spot).  All of your help and responses on this forum are greatly appreciated.   😀

IRonMaN
Level 15

Orlando - #2 has been requested ever since the previous forum was created.  It would make everybody's life so much easier - including Intuit support since folks could get pointed in the right direction instead of 20,000 people calling for the same issue.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I wanted to add that the TurboTax forum regularly creates "articles" about a known issue and even includes a sign-up link for getting an email when the problem is fixed.  And many of the problems with TurboTax are also within ProSeries.  So there is no reason why TurboTax users can lookup known problems, but ProSeries users can't.

For example, this TurboTax question has been asked several times on the this forum:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/e-file-error-your-earned-income-tax-credit-eitc-is...