Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stimulus checks amountrs

anita1
Level 3

I am looking for the web address for tax professional to enter the clients information in and the IRS will tell us the amount they received.

I have used irs.gov/get my payment  but it only gives me the date that it was sent. I need the amounts.

Any help out there?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

Stimulus info can be found at:

https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

Here's a link to the image for seeing an account transcript image example, which you can get for them or they can get for themselves:

https://www.irsmind.com/irs-notices/irs-transcripts-now-provide-stimulus-payment-information/

They can check their own banking info, as well, if they got a deposit or made it as a deposit.

"The IRS said you can check the status of your second stimulus payment at IRS.gov/GetMyPayment (GMP).

If GMP reflects a direct deposit date and partial account information, then your payment is deposited there. If the payment was mailed, it may take up to three or four weeks to receive the payment. Watch your mail carefully and be sure not to throw out your payment.

If GMP shows “Payment Status #2 – Not Available,” then you will not receive a second stimulus check and instead you need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 Tax Return."

Good luck.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There is none, they didnt make us a lookup tool for this, its up to the client to find the amounts.

You, as the preparer, could get a signed 8821 from the client and call into PPS and request a transcript to get the amounts.  Or the client can create their own IRS account login and get a transcript.   

Those are our only options.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Those aren't our only options.  We have the option to make the client responsible for their own tax information.  If they can't look back to a bank statement or a piece of paper that was mailed to them, then we go to plan 3b and prepare the return treating the client as having received the full amount.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

I would rather make responsible the guy who stole the debit card from the client's mailbox.  IRS was supposed to send out notices to everyone who got one, but so far I have seen only one notice for about 20 cards I know about.  And these were mailed a month ago.  

I have not seen any cases where the amount of the EIP was miscalculated -- although I expect some rare examples where it's not certain whether it was based on 2018 or 2019 income.  So if "Get My Payment" shows a payment issued, I'll figure the amount.  But I'm finding more "no records" for EIP#2, than I expected.  IRS says if it doesn't show up online now, it's not going to show up.  So I will prepare the return to claim the RRC, and warn the client that an IRS notice may be forthcoming.  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive had several clients (older retired people) tell me they didnt get number 2 and GetMyPayment shows no records as well, not sure why some didnt go out, they clearly filed their 2019 tax return..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

I think we'll get a GAO or TIGTA report later this year, explaining why many did not receive the second payment.  Congress thinks IRS stands for "Impossible Results Sought."

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Stimulus info can be found at:

https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

Here's a link to the image for seeing an account transcript image example, which you can get for them or they can get for themselves:

https://www.irsmind.com/irs-notices/irs-transcripts-now-provide-stimulus-payment-information/

They can check their own banking info, as well, if they got a deposit or made it as a deposit.

"The IRS said you can check the status of your second stimulus payment at IRS.gov/GetMyPayment (GMP).

If GMP reflects a direct deposit date and partial account information, then your payment is deposited there. If the payment was mailed, it may take up to three or four weeks to receive the payment. Watch your mail carefully and be sure not to throw out your payment.

If GMP shows “Payment Status #2 – Not Available,” then you will not receive a second stimulus check and instead you need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 Tax Return."

Good luck.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
anita1
Level 3

thanks