Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stimulus check

crichardson552
Level 2

IRS denied stimulus payment, as calculated on pro series tax return. What do I do to correct this for refund

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Have your client create an account on IRS. Then your client can see the exact amount of the stimulus checks sent to them 

crichardson552
Level 2

The tax was filed (from the program) that included the stimulus check they did not receive because of their income. The program showed a refund of adjusted stimulus check but

IRS did not sent the stimulus which should have been paid by them.

I

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
if your client truly didnt get one of the advanced EIP payments, use Form 3911 to trace it and get it reissued if in fact they truly didnt get it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George4Tacks
Level 15

Call the practitioner help line and discuss it with them. OR give many more details and we might be able to help. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

The 1st and 2nd checks are advances on 2020 tax return, and the income limits apply to that tax year.

The third check applies to 2021 tax return (not filed yet), and the income limits apply to that tax year. If you are saying your clients did not receive, because of income, why would you ask for the refund on 2020 tax return

Income to Receive Full Stimulus Payment (first, second, and third check) First Stimulus Check Maximum Income Limit Second Stimulus Check Maximum Income Limit Third Stimulus Check Maximum Income Limit
Single Filer $0 – $75,000 $99,000 $87,000 $80,000
Married Filing Jointly $0 – $112,500 $198,500 $174,000 $160,000
Head of Household $0 – $150,000 $146,000 $124,000 $120,000
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

So you are saying that they received one EIP, but not the other?  And they were not eligible for the second one, when originally issued, because of their income?  So why did they get the first one?  Or maybe they received the second and not the first?  

May be like my client who denied she received the $600 when asked in February, but now remembers that it was paid.  

I can't be too critical of those engaging in idle speculation here based on lack of information, because I'm doing it myself.  

suesue1
Level 3

Pro-series evidently doesn't have form #3911 to use, right?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
No, you have to grab it from the IRS website and fill in and fax to the IRS. But before you go through that hassle, make them look at their 2021 bank statements, March-June and see if they spot those $1400 deposits.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪