Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stimulus check for non-filer (I don't know how I got a "spoiler" put in. . . sorry

ajp
Level 5
Spoiler
A client has a non-dependent son who does not file because he only receives social security.  They want to help him get his stimulus, but they want a way that isn't online.  

Do you know of one?  Can they just call the IRS?

Amy

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If he was not a dependent in 2019, the IRS SHOULD be sending his payment because he is on Social Security.

If he did not receive one or both stimulus checks, then he needs to file a tax return for 2020 to claim the credit.

Spoiler
I'm hiding from you.   🙂

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

That spoiler thing happens when you accidentally click something when creating a post...its annoying and serves no purpose that I can tell.

Im hoping IRS will reopen the Non-File site once Efiling is back underway (Feb 12th)...if not, you can file a return for him (if you want to get involved) once efiling opens, but nothing anyone can do about it at this point.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If he was not a dependent in 2019, the IRS SHOULD be sending his payment because he is on Social Security.

If he did not receive one or both stimulus checks, then he needs to file a tax return for 2020 to claim the credit.

Spoiler
I'm hiding from you.   🙂
qbteachmt
Level 15

You can use the online tool to Check on that payment for him. You can ask if he threw away what looked like a bogus VISA prepaid card. You can ask him to check his SS bank deposits for Jan.

Here: https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/ssi-ssdi-and-stimulus-checks-what-to-know-about-eligibility-mi...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.