Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stimulus Bill Passed - Is Software Updated

dascpa
Level 11

When will my software be updated?  Is Stimulus 3 part of my 2020 or 2021 tax return?  How are all 43 states handling unemployment - same as Federal or decoupled.  Is tax season extended?  I'm soooo confused.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

23 Comments 23
IRonMaN
Level 15

I just got back from Walmart.  I'm filling out my application for greeter as we speak.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

I just got back from Walmart.  I'm filling out my application for greeter as we speak.

If the greeter is supposed to ask customers to wear a face mask, that job could be more stressful than being a tax preparer (especially if the State removed their mask rule).

IRonMaN
Level 15

Not for me.  Off course I could lose my job fairly quickly for beating the snot out of folks that don't want to comply with the rules.  You do this job long enough and you end up building up a lot of frustration and anger ------------------ you need to let it out once in awhile 😀  We don't keep any guns, knives, letter openers, or lawn darts in the office --------------------- just for the safety of our clients.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

I think it depends on whether you were alive at any time during 2020.  

sjrcpa
Level 15

Or if you were a college student.

Ex-AllStar
dascpa
Level 11

Already received my first client phone call about the bill which is not law yet.  Can I defer my RMD's for 2021. Friggin crap - what is with clients?

abctax55
Level 15

Or a prior dependent, but not "this" year 'cuz I want that stimulus money even tho I only made $ 12 .

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Camp1040
Level 10

Why a greeter? Walmart does tax prep!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

That's a great combination isn't it? ☹️

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

the older clients had much more patience and Common Sense.. They are gradually being replaced by the opposite ... Just my opinion 

abctax55
Level 15

Jeff - are you going to "greet" the way Major greeted one of the security folks at the White House?

( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

Those two German Shepherds are beautiful ... They have been taken out of their normal environment and put into a new home filled with many people and that is why they are stressful ...🐕🐕👍

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, I've been stressed by many people so, unless they put a muzzle on me, I'm probably going to bite.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

And Major is the rescued one right?   Rescues need even *more* TLC when exposed to a new environment.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

"...I've been stressed by many people".

JUST today - by all the asinine questions about why the software isn't updated yet, for a law that hasn't even been signed.  I can (sorta) understand the need for instant gratification but ....  seriously?   And the fact that no one can be bothered to take the time to actually SEE if just MAYBE someone else has already asked the SAME question and just MAYBE received an answer ?!?!???   

Perhaps the Mod's will now send me home to Delaware before I "bite" someone.  Me & Major, we'd have a grand old time together.

( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

you may catch rabies if you do that...

PATAX
Level 15

Yeah I think you are right... Rescue dogs and the runts of the litter always make the best most loyal devoted companions... they are intelligent enough to know and appreciate that they were picked...

abctax55
Level 15

I'm more worried about catching some of the stupidity being shown...

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I got my first shot for that vaccine.  Hopefully I can avoid that terrible disease until I get my second shot.

Slava Ukraini!
chasetax
Level 7

wish I was this smart--I seem to remember on another thread about unemployment someone suggested a box like box 2 repayment for entering the amount to be excluded--this would reduce the 'unearned' income at the source and would not require any other fixes--again not my idea-but brilliant

abctax55
Level 15

again not my idea-but brilliant

Except for the fact it's incorrect.  There is that jurat above the preparer signature line.... 

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@chasetax   Here ya' go:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/new-covid-bill-march-20...

( Generic Comment )"
chasetax
Level 7

@abctax55 i don't see how having a box on the 1099-g worksheet ( similar to the PSO subtraction on the pension worksheet) would affect my professional responsibilities

0 Cheers