Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stimulis

TerryM
Level 1

HAve a client that has a daughter 22 years old. Paents received 2400 and 1200 respectively. When I enter the 2400 and 1200 in the program , it throws up an additional 500 and 600. According to instructions on the form the dependent must be 17 or under. Is this a program error?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Have you double checked that you entered the daughter's birthdate correctly?

I assume no other kids on the tax return, right?

0 Cheers
TerryM
Level 1

Yes   she is 22 and that's what is on the information sheet

0 Cheers
TerryM
Level 1

Yes - the daughter is 22. That's what is on the information sheet

0 Cheers
athaureaux6
Level 8

That happened to me once. Make sure, in the dependents section, you do not skip any line and that her information appears in the very first line of the worksheet. Or maybe there was another name in that line. But It happened to me that was that. Hope it helps. 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You try deleting the dependent and adding her again.

0 Cheers
athaureaux6
Level 8

Try deleting it. See if the software change the amount you mentioned. Add the dependent again, but make sure you do not skip the first line in the dependent worksheet, maybe there was another dependent in the past, that was what happened to me. 

0 Cheers
RUSS-KY-TAX
Level 2

the same thing is happening to me. I have a client that had the 20 year old child listed 2nd and the Recovery Rebate form and it wants to count her as qualifying for the stimulus. I have deleted and re-inputted the dependant. I have deleted everything for all lines in the dependent area and it still is wanting to qualify the dependant. if I erase everything, it then wants to qualify 1500 for the 1st EIP payment. 

luckily, it allows me to overtype 0 on line 6 of the recovery rebate form. something is weird

0 Cheers